Disaster and Resilience Director @ SWCA Environmental Consultants - Pasadena, CA
Disaster and Resilience Director
Post a job for free in Pasadena, CA
Strategic Concepts for the Position
SWCA is seeking a professional to grow our Disaster and Resilience (DR) service line. As the Disaster and Resilience Director (DRD), the position will expand SWCA’s current DRD services with a regional-focused effort through existing and new clients. Through their vision and working with SWCA’s established Operations and Business Development leaders, the DRD will advance the service line to meet identified state and local client environmental planning needs (including resiliency, risk analysis, disaster recovery and restoration, etc.) that relate to events such as climate change, floods, hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, etc.What you will accomplish:
- The ideal candidate will be a trusted advisor in providing input and guidance for SWCA, with the opportunity to provide a true value-add impact on the organization’s culture
- Serve as project principal, project manager, and SME, as needed, to grow the practice, meet service obligations, build corporate qualifications and mentor staff
- Grow a dedicated team that forms a practice organized to serve clients, capture opportunities, drive market penetration and technically deliver on obligations
- Deliver projects within a management framework that enables the practice to thrive with respect to quality, safety, cost, administrative support and policy compliance Lead environmental compliance teams to successfully complete large-scale and/or local-scale disaster recovery or resiliency efforts, from initiation to completion
- Identify existing SWCA clients with the potential to implement DR services and work with local SWCA office managers to market them effectively
- Provide a focused vision to SWCA partners and clients on designing and implementing realistic DR projects
- Pre-position SWCA for Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funding for new Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery or Mitigation Programs (CDBG-DR/MIT) projects across SWCA’s office geographies
- Meet client and market needs by working with SWCA leadership in a collaborative manner.
- Establish relationships within the architect-engineer and Engineering, Procurement and Construction communities serving DR clients
- Speak at industry events and maintain active memberships in key organizations including committee chairs, local chapter involvements and publication submissions
- Work with SWCA’s Senior Vice President (SVP) and Vice President (VP) of Business Development Resources and the Vice President of Marketing to develop multi-media content, branding and attend key client or partner meetings
- This position will report directly to the SVP or VP of Business Development Resources
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree or higher preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of environmental services experience in the disaster or resiliency markets
- Availability to travel throughout the U.S.
- Demonstrated understanding of Federal, State and/or Local funding/contracting services, including Texas General Land Office (GLO) programs, funding for programs associated with the California Disaster Assistance Act (CDAA) and other similar State or County-level funding resources across the U.S.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of resiliency program, FEMA and/or CDBG-DR/MIT environmental practices and their underlying regulatory guidelines
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned environmental firm with offices across the U.S. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with in-depth knowledge of permitting and compliance protocols to achieve technically sound, cost-effective solutions for a full spectrum of environmental projects. As one of the largest environmental compliance firms, SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a competitive benefits package, including an employee stock ownership retirement plan (ESOP). If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA may be a great fit for you!
In support of our value of integrity, SWCA promotes a safe and drug free workplace. We participate in E-verify and pre-employment background screening services.
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
For more information on SWCA visit www.swca.com