Take your career to new heights. Come join us at MORI Associates and help us support the most exciting projects at NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory. As an ISSE, you will be part of a dedicated team of diverse professionals creating and supporting cutting edge solutions for our client’s critical missions.
MORI is a mid-sized nationwide company founded in 1997 with the ideals that creating an agile
organization full of innovative
and passionate people will progress science
for all life on earth. We focus on offering a complete range of services from strategic consulting to the development of Information Systems
and providing advanced engineering
solutions. Now, let’s see if this opportunity is the right challenge for you
The Office of Information Technology
(IT) Special Programs provides overall cyberspace service delivery to JPL’s National Security Program Office. This exciting fast-paced and specialized cyberspace environment is an enabler for National Security work performed at JPL.
The ISSE, IT Special Programs Office will be a key member in the Information & Technology
Special Programs (ITSP) Office. They will have the responsibility to conduct software and systems engineering
and software systems research in order to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated. Conducts comprehensive technology
research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems. The individual will assist in providing a secure portfolio of cyberspace services in support of the National Security work at JPL including architectural definitions, sustaining and enhancement alteration activities, compliance and proactive actions, as well as recommending and implementing changes to methods, practices, and cyberspace policies.
The ISSE will assist in executing cyberspace engineering
, analysis, risk and operations
tasks and activities to ensure ITSP can execute all tactical user deliverables.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the primary interface for cyber engineering activities; planning for successful compliance of controls and security assessments including areas of storage management, network configuration & control, router and other network equipment management, customer service, cyberspace operations and maintenance, and equipment deployments
- Plan, organize, secure and execute successful completion of Cyberspace Operations (C-Ops) team goals and objectives
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop processes to provide the highest level of IT customer service, ensure customer satisfaction and continually improve cyberspace service delivery
- Ensures appropriate actions are executed for incident management, problem management, asset control, and security configuration management
- Ensure the proper research and development is executed to achieve cybersecurity compliance with federal cyber domain policies and procedures
- Develop and communicate operational status reports, performance analysis, and ad hoc reporting requirements for internal and external customers
- Ensure information systems security principles and best practices are included in all solution
- Interact with various experience levels of users, engineers, program managers and customers to discern requirements
- Brief and lead meetings with VIP/Senior leaders to junior users on various cyberspace subjects
Qualifications / Experience / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience in information security/cyber-engineering
- Current IAT Level II/III, IAM Level I/II/III 8140 Cyberspace Workforce Management Certification (examples: Security+, CASP, Cloud+, CASP, CISSP)
- Availability to work non-standard hours; early/after hours; nights, weekends as needed
- Available to work both off-site and on-site, in a team environment of internal and external coworkers
- In-scope Top Secret clearance w/ability to be SCI briefed
- Current Counter-Intelligence (CI) Poly highly desired. Must be willing to submit to a CI Poly
The typical full time equivalent annual hiring rate range for this job in Pasadena, California.
MORI Associates offers comprehensive benefits (medical/dental/vision care) including matching funds for 401K plan. Most employees working at JPL are given choice to work 9-80 schedule, including getting every other Friday off work!
MORI Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran
status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.