Part-time Administrative Assistant - Fix Term @ Art Center College of Design - Pasadena, CA
Part-time Administrative Assistant - Fix Term
Post a job for free in Pasadena, CA
ArtCenter Extension (ACX)
Part-time Administrative Assistant - Fix Term
The Administrative Assistant provides front-office clerical assistance in the ArtCenter Extension department at the South Campus location. This involves working with the public, providing friendly customer service, administrative duties, and general clerical support.
This is a part-time position, regularly scheduled for 20 hours per week: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m, Monday through Thursday. Occasional work on Fridays plus some weekend work involved. During peak registration periods, if requested by the supervisor, work hours may increase with 1 or 2 days being scheduled from 1 p.m.– 9 p.m. At this time, this position will be working remotely. Once we are back on campus, this position will be required to be on-campus.
Reports to: Manager, ArtCenter Extension
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in administrative/office related work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; professional phone etiquette
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills; must have ability to follow-through and complete projects
- Solid data entry and word processing experience, and other computer-related skills
- Ability to maintain a courteous demeanor and handle pressure is necessary
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must be able to work independently as well as be flexible to work as a part of a team and take direction from others
- A commitment to diversity, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within ArtCenter’s diverse communities
- Ability to handle all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of ArtCenter business
- A bachelor’s degree in art or related studies from an accredited college or university
- Background or interest in art and design
- Knowledge of Macintosh operating systems
- Prior experience in retail or related customer service industry
Front Office — 50%
- Answer incoming telephone calls and voice mail from prospective students and others requesting assistance or information about ArtCenter Extension and ArtCenter College of Design
- Provide front office customer service for ArtCenter Extension; advise and inform students and visitors by offering general information about the ArtCenter Extension course offerings, practices, procedures, events, etc.; assist students and faculty with course information and trouble-shoot problems
- Perform general administrative and clerical tasks for ArtCenter Extension Directors, including photocopies, filing, preparation of mailings and general correspondence; assist Directors with special projects as needed
- Maintain office in a clean, professional and organized manner
- Cross-train on additional procedures usually assigned to other staff members to assist in times of absence or backlog as needed
Registration — 40%
- Receive and prepare incoming registration materials — this includes ensuring forms are completed correctly; organizing registration materials for processing; and handling scholarship portfolio materials
- Accurately enter information on prospective students into the Prospect database; during registration periods, assist with programming registration materials for all ArtCenter Extension
Additional Responsibilities — 10%
- Assist Directors and Program Coordinators with preparation and event-day activities for special events such as exhibit openings, conferences, Open House and Orientations
- May provide assistance in the areas of outreach and mentoring
- Provide the Outreach Program Manager with administrative support to assist in the coordination of local outreach events
- In addition to weekend work for ArtCenter Extension events, may work at several local community events throughout the year to engage prospective students
Mandatory Duty to Report
All employees who know or have reason to know of allegations or acts that violate ArtCenter’s Title IX Policy prohibiting discrimination, harassment, retaliation, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, sexual violence, dating violence, and stalking shall promptly inform the Director, Title IX Compliance and Programs, or designee or the Associate Dean of Students or designee. Faculty with a mandatory duty to report are required to disclose all information including the names of the parties, even where the person has requested their name remain confidential.
Pursuant to the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), all employees who know of or have reason to suspect child abuse or neglect involving alleged victims under age 18 shall promptly inform local law enforcement or the county welfare department.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
This is a part-time position, regularly scheduled for 20 hours per week: 4–9pm, Monday through Thursday. Occasional work on Fridays plus some weekend work involved. During peak registration periods, if requested by supervisor, work hours may increase with 1 or 2 days scheduled from 1–9pm. At this time, this position will be working remotely. Once we are back on campus, this position will be required to be on-campus.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions; extended periods of time viewing computer monitor; interactions with other individuals. Due to the nature of the work environment, there is regular exposure to fumes, dust and noise.
Physical: The position is generally sedentary. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (up to 20 pounds); to operate modern office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: Must be able to have the visual capacity to perform activities such as preparing and reading reports, viewing a computer terminal and other normal office work with or without correction.
Hearing: Must be able to communicate effectively in the course of normal office communication or exchange ideas with or without correction.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this job; they do not purport to describe all functions. Employees may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may be changed from time to time as necessary.