Software UX Design and Development EngineerCaltechJob Category:
OccasionalExempt Overtime Eligible:
Overtime EligibleBenefits Eligible:
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.Job Summary
Maintenance and design/development of new features for software for visualizing and supporting analysis of data resulting from climate simulations on the web.Job Duties
- Inspect current visualization tool code and clean up code to increase compatibility with new data sets and stability
- Extend tool capabilities to create a geographical context centered interface as a way of selecting data set
- Scrutinize needs and prescribe future changes needed to enable further data analysis and ultimately be able to serve a wider audience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction or Interaction Design
- Familiar with User Centric Design methodologies, as well as experience in Interaction Design
Required DocumentsEEO Statement
- Familiarity with visualization tools (like VTK), state container web technologies (like Redux), cloud computing (AWS), cluster computing frameworks (ApacheSpark), hierarchical data formats (HDF5), and databases optimized for computing or volumetric data (MondoDB or OpenVDB)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To read more Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) go to https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.Disability Accommodations
If you would like to request an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caltech Recruiting at [email protected]To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://hr.caltech.edu/work/job_openingsWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency