is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We employ experts from top programs at over 500 universities, as well as technical specialists from a variety of industries. At Exponent, we look to hire intelligent and driven people who want to make an impact and grow their careers within a dynamic consulting firm. You will work together with our consultants to provide outstanding service to our clients and to achieve our vision as a pre-eminent engineering and scientific consulting firm. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.’s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant
for our Phoenix, AZ office (please note that our office is located in northwest Phoenix). In this role you will be part of an Administrative team of four, responsible for performing a wide variety of diverse, non-routine administrative tasks to provide a high level of support for the professional staff.
Qualified candidates who are selected to participate in our screening process for this role will be asked to take an editorial assessment via Microsoft Word prior to a potential formal interview.
Your responsibilities will include:
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Preparing and editing complex reports and presentations
- Coordinating marketing materials
- Coordinating and maintaining schedules and travel arrangements
- Maintaining/organizing project files
- Creating and maintaining reports/spreadsheets
- Maintaining calendars, coordinating meeting schedules and assisting with travel arrangements for senior staff
- Working with project managers for invoice approvals and distribution
- Preparing, maintaining and tracking quality assurance documentation
- Sorting mail, preparing packages for shipping
- Organizing and assisting with the daily activities in the office
- Sharing front-desk responsibilities such as answering phones, shipping, receiving, office supply ordering, and other duties as needed
- Minimum of 5 (five) years' experience providing administrative support to a team, of which, at least two or more senior/executive level staff
- Bachelors degree or some college coursework is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer required
- Excellent communication, composition, editing and proofreading skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task, work under critical time deadlines, re-evaluate priorities, and interact with all levels of personnel
- Must be enthusiastic, flexible and a team player
- Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
- Must be able to lift minimum of 20 lbs.
Please visit the following link to learn how Exponent and our staff are making an impact: https://info.exponent.com/our-impact
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968
or email [email protected]