At RRD, our people make a difference every day – in production, working with customers, or behind the scenes in a support role. They know how to manage the job and exceed expectations. Founded 156 years ago RRD is a Fortune 500 company that employs approximately 36,000 people in 40 countries across the globe. For a challenging and rewarding career opportunity with an innovative industry leader, consider starting or continuing your career with RRD!
We are seeking a Legal Proofreader to support time-sensitive proofreading requests in a fast-paced team environment. Candidates must demonstrate high attention to detail and a focus on client satisfaction.
This position is 100% based at our Phoenix Arizona office location, and cannot be performed remotely.
Shift: Monday to Friday, 7:00AM to 3:30PM
- Proofread complex legal documents to ensure consistency, spelling, dictation, syntax, punctuation and grammar using the appropriate style (firm style, The Chicago Manual of Style, The Bluebook and California Style Manual)
- Compare documents word for word against originals to ensure an accurate conversion
- Review cross references, and defined terms for accuracy and and review Table of Authorities for accuracy and style
- Check handwritten revisions/electronic red lines against working draft to ensure all correction are made accurately
- Conduct separate checks for format, text accuracy and statistical data
- Ensure that the content of document is accurate, clear and complete and that the material is organized logically
- Use established proofreading marks to note corrections
- Follow established policies and procedures at all time
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in English/Journalism or 1-2 years of legal experience preferred
- Knowledge of various style guides (The Chicago Manual of Style, AP Style, The Blue Book and California Style Manual)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including expert level knowledge of the English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Proven ability to work through complex legal document markups and instructions in a timely manner to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to prioritize various requests and deadlines simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to interact with client and team members in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet pressing deadlines
- Familiarity with legal terminology and a variety of citation and brief formants used in legal work preferred
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and other core applications preferred
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer