Sr. Director, Security and Risk Management
Know You Made a Difference Today
MMI currently has a full-time opportunity available for a Sr Director, Security and Risk Management either out of one of our main offices or as a teleworker (work from home).
At Money Management International, it's more than just a job; it's an opportunity to make a difference. Feel good at the end of your work day!
Who is MMI?
Money Management International (MMI) is a non-profit agency that helps create, restore, and maintain a life of financial wellness through empowered choices. MMI is changing the way financial challenges are solved. You can be a part of facilitating that change.
What will you do as a Sr Director, Security and Risk Management? Position Summary:
The Sr Director, Security and Risk Management is responsible for security and risk management functions established to protect MMI clients, personnel, facilities, infrastructure, information and business operations. This position interfaces with and supports senior management with strategic planning, standards and process development, regulatory and internal compliance monitoring, security awareness, investigations and incident response. Develops and implements MMI’s Business Continuity Plan and strategies, and works with Information Technology to develop Disaster Recovery strategies. . This position works closely with the Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel, the Information Technology team and the Internal Auditor on legal, regulatory and compliance matters.
The primary responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Leads the identification, communication, measurement, and management of company-wide risk.
- Develop, implement and maintain enterprise level risk management and information security policies and procedures.
- Identify ways to reduce company risks through planning and problem-solving.
- Coordinate Enterprise Risk Assessment activities with agency stakeholders and report results to senior management and the Board of Directors, when applicable.
- Develop standards and strategy for Enterprise-wide Business Continuity Planning, including Business Impact Analysis, Crisis Management and Business Availability; partner with Information Technology on Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Four-year degree in related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in information technology, security and risk management. Experience in corporate security, legal, or law enforcement investigative experience highly desirable. Education will be considered in lieu of experience
- Proficient in the understanding and application of risk management and risk avoidance measures.
- Solid working knowledge of security standards and frameworks.
- Solid understanding of audit principles and techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery principles and best practices.
- Experience managing projects using project management methodology.
- Some local and overnight travel is required. Estimated at approximately 10%.
This Full-Time position includes the ability to participate in our full benefits package.
MMI is a qualified employer for the Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program. Ask us for details!
To apply and learn more about MMI, please visit our Careers site:
MMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all candidates will receive consideration without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Females/Minorities/Disabled/Vets.
U.S. residents only.
MMI is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, the Better Business Bureau, and a member of the Council on Accreditation.