Alva Manufacturing is a fast-growing Aerospace Machine Shop located in city of Placentia currently supplying parts to Boeing Defense, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and Raytheon. We utilize the most latest CNC technologies including 5-axis Milling, Multi-Axis Turning, and Automated-Pallet Changing systems. Most of the products that we build here are flying to Space and to Mars. You should expect a family environment and a true teamwork mentality at Alva. However, you should also expect the work pressure and pace to be high because we want people to rise to their full potential. We strongly believe in quality and discipline that other members can truly rely on. The organization is expanding to multiple locations within Orange County and we are looking for additional team members that would like to grow their career with us.Description:
The Manufacturing Engineer shall have strong knowledge in CNC machining and familiar with the secondary manufacturing processes, including but not limited to: grinding, honing, EDM, heat treat, anodize, and paint. The engineer/planner is able to interpret drawing specifications and customer requirements in order to provide fully complete planning for production in order to manufacture parts successfully.Responsibilities
- Careful review of drawings, data, and engineering required to successfully plan all manufacturing operations to meet customer requirements.
- Create work orders with instructional steps to complete the job.
- Perform contract review process for all customer contracts.
- Be a customer’s focal point of contact for any technical and engineering concerns.
- Prepare drawings for digital packages, DPD/MBD requirements when necessary.
- Prepare drawing deviation requests to submit to customers when necessary.
- Prepare purchase requisition for materials and all outside processing required.
- Support the purchasing team in preparing drawing & model packages to outsource/off-load parts when required.
- Support Production Expeditor to prioritize tasks when needed to support customer on-time delivery.
- Support shop floor personnel with any technical engineering questions.
- Design and prepare tooling for match drilling and hardware installation when needed.
- Help setup and perform match drilling/hardware installation when needed.
We also need following questions to be answered when submitting your resume to this: 1. What made you interested in Alva Manufacturing?2. Why do you believe you are a good fit for Alva Manufacturing?We are looking forward to having you joining our team and growing your career with us.
- 5 years of experience or more in related position
- Education: high school minimum, NO Bachelor degree in engineering is required as long as the candidate is able to demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge required
- Knowledge of one of the CAD software either NX, or CATIA, Solidworks
- Complete understanding of machining operations as well as secondary manufacturing processes.
- Able to identify critical manufacturing notes at each step.
- Ability to read prints and update paperwork neatly, accurately, and in an organized manner.
- Familiar with Aerospace industry and AS9100 requirements.
- Strong understanding of ANSY Y14.5 and GD&T engineering drawings.
- Must be able to work independently, but also demonstrate an ability to work productively within the department team.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills and the ability to think critically.
- Ability to increase the level of performance of peers and subordinates.
- Team and Customer focused attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location