Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Shop Experience Department has an opening for a Senior Product Designer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.Position Purpose
Albertsons seeks to offer customers an easy, exciting, and friendly ecommerce shopping experience, through the development of personalized and localized digital experiences for our 34 million plus weekly customers. The Digital Shopping Experience team builds App, Web and Voice experiences that begin with a comprehensive view of our customers, from who they are, why they are here, to what they like.
The grocery industry is underdeveloped in ecommerce, and this person will help pioneer the future of grocery digital interaction and establish Albertsons as an industry leader. There are very few places where you can have this much customer and business impact. If you're up to the challenge, we'd love to talk to you!Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
We'd like to hear from you if:
- Focus on projects spanning across responsive web & app digital experiences.
- Partner Closely with the app & core UX leads.
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, Business Analytics, Operations and Marketing.
- Effectively communicate your findings to stakeholders and partners at any level.
- Own end to end design process of features and iterations.
- Influence the direction of your part of the journey by identifying and defining new feature opportunities.
Nice to have:
- You have 5+ years of experience designing successful products, experiences, and interfaces for a range of devices.
- Strong portfolio showcasing problem solving and high design caliber skillset.
- You have experience as lead designer.
- You have extensive native app experience & responsive web design
- Strong visual design sense with clean typography and layout understanding.
- You have proven experience of taking a product end to end, and all the stories that come with the experience; tradeoffs, communication challenges, delays, quality review, etc.
- Have experience visualizing, owning, and executing the creation of product from initial concepts and wireframes, to collaborating with engineers on implementation in an agile environment.
- You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams.
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator.
- You exude can-do attitude and enthusiasm.
- Past experience in Ecommerce a big plus, but not required.
- BA/BS or graduate degree in HCI, interaction design, Psychology, or other related fields.
- ADA certification is a big plus, but not required.
How to Apply:
- Team member: You have the understanding and gusto to represent design. You should speak up when needed, ask questions for clarification, seek out answers, and collaboratively work with fellow team members to define and meet outcomes. It is essential to respect others and understand that having a strong point of view is not at odds with being humble.
- User-centered: You have an insatiable appetite for understanding your users. You are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs, sweating the details and tying them back to the big picture. You have a knack for creating intuitive, scalable, and functional design solutions. You represent the users in every step of the way, keeping them at the heart of what you're building.
- Self-motivated: You work without close supervision but know the value of community within design. You check in with team members regularly and have the ability to give and take constructive feedback. You are an autonomous self-starter, taking full ownership of your work and ensuring that it meets the expectations of the team, product requirements, and engineering architecture.
- Problem solver: You are driven and motivated to find the right problems to solve and the best solutions, using data to inform your direction.
- Adaptive: You can evaluate business priorities and adjust your work accordingly. You can balance the design needs and work effectively with cross-functional teams, partnering closely with product management, developers, and fellow designers.
- User experience evangelist: You will spread design thinking and enthusiasm across the organization, sharing the importance of user experience and design thinking, while driving solutions through user insight.
- Learner: You are comfortable in a new design arena and able to learn new users, new processes, the ins and outs of our product suite, and the company's mission. You are not afraid of (so called) failures because they are opportunities for iterative solutions. You are constantly looking for ways to hone your design skills and knowledge.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER