Description: Company Description:
FDH Infrastructure Services is an industry leader in engineering, construction, and field services for critical structures and facilities. Markets served include telecommunications, heavy civil, power, industrial, commercial, and government. Our continued success is directly linked to the knowledge and experience of our talented staff. FDH is a team-oriented, performance-driven organization, committed to safety, quality, and professional integrity. Our work culture fosters continuous learning and innovation to improve our products, services, and business processes. We work hard for our customers and enjoy having fun together. Come grow with us! Enjoy Great Benefits:
FDH provides a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan with company match. Flexible time-off plans encourage a healthy work/life balance for all employees. Wellness activities are promoted throughout the year.
FDH requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and will require proof of vaccination if you are offered a position at the Company. If you believe you need an accommodation because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief, please contact the Human Resources department to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with FDH’s policy on workplace accommodations. PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- FDH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor
The FDH New Technology Division is growing and investing in a portfolio of products for Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) and Structural Health Monitoring (SHM). If you enjoy designing new products, would like to experience a start-up mentality, are hands-on with product software development and have the desire to develop innovative IoT solutions for the infrastructure industry, read on to find out more about the next step in your career. The primary function of the Software Engineer will be to support the architectural design effort and delivery of new products. As a member of the software group within Product Development, you will contribute to a highly motivated team responsible for software design, development and data analysis for client-driven programs and the integration of these technologies into core FDH products or customer platforms. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned developer with broad programming and Microsoft Azure experience. The successful candidate will collaborate with peers, management, and end users to apply their skillsets toward solving real-world technical challenges. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Support full software development lifecycle in an agile environment.
- Write scalable code using Microsoft.NET programming languages.
- Participate in research, requirements gathering and documentation processes.
- Participate in Sprint Planning and User Story delivery task implementation in an Agile environment.
- Collaborate with peers and management to produce software and architecture for new designs.
- Serve as an Azure expert on application development and technical support.
- Demonstrate the necessary interpersonal skills to thrive in a team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to influence, collaborate and negotiate with all departments across FDH and to the external market.
- Demonstrate strong follow-through skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor while representing FDH.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of FDH.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
. Requirements: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS (MS preferred) in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of experience developing software in an Agile environment.
- 2 years of experience in Azure application development.
- Extensive experience with .NET Framework and languages (C#, ASP.NET, PowerShell).
- Strong emphasis on quality code and unit testing.
- Skilled in MS SQL Server, SQLite database design with strong experience writing stored procedures.
- Azure SDK, CLI, PowerShell, API Development and Data storage expertise.
- DevOps, CI/CD principles and Git experience.
- Atlassian environment expertise preferred (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket), other collaboration/workflow environments helpful.
- Python and/or MATLAB experience a plus.
- Cross platform development experience (Xamarin or other) desired.
- Experience writing wrapper functions and interfacing with custom hardware a plus.
- Work Remotely Temporarily due to COVID-19.