We are looking for a Python/DevOps engineer who can help build exciting new product features and APIs and also support the maintenance of our core software application, combining web applications and a data processing/analytics platform.
The candidate will develop software using Python and SQL and focus on integrating common components, building robust APIs that are thoroughly tested and work at large volume scale.
In this role, the candidate will work alongside team members and apply technical, analytics, and communication skills to anticipate challenges, mitigate risks, and track and monitor trends to proactively solve problems.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with Python and MySQL is a must.
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud technologies and boto3 library preferred.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python and multiprocess architecture.
- Experience with at least one web framework such as Flask, FastAPI, or Django.
- Proficient in using source control systems (i.e., Git or Azure DevOps).
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins, Gitlab, or any other CI/CD pipeline design and implementation.
- Experience with using test-driven development and testing frameworks.
- Understanding of container-based deployment principles, including Docker and deployment to Kubernetes.
- Experience with containerization (Docker).
- Experience with container orchestration tools (ECS or Kubernetes preferred)
- Understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles and knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Experience with Elasticsearch or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with MySQL is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software design.
- Operate in an agile development environment while collaborating with key stakeholders.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected]
or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120
Please read our