About the job:
The Red Hat Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Software Quality Engineer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will work on Red Hat’s offerings like Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat Openstack Platform, Red Hat Ansible Automation platform, etc. You'll be responsible for all aspects of quality for the offerings that your team will be testing, including designing test plans, extending automation frameworks, and developing new automated tests. You’ll make sure that our solutions fulfill the highest possible enterprise quality, performance, usability, and supportability criteria. As a Software Quality Engineer, you will gain a deep technical understanding of a variety of popular technologies, including containers, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, etc. You will be a part of Red Hat’s culture that makes us unique in the industry, a culture enriched with Open Management Practices, Open Decision Framework, and diversity and inclusion. Regardless of your role and designation, you will have the freedom to showcase your leadership skills and ability to bring innovative solutions to complex problems at any level that will help you to get wider visibility in our organization.
The QE team at Red Hat offers an inclusive and open environment for engineers to collaborate and build technology solutions for product testing and release readiness. Red Hat is the place for you to test your QE mindset and nurture your DevOps and leadership skills. Find out more about what it is like to work in Red Hat QE directly from our engineers.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, and maintain automation frameworks and scripts
- Conduct new feature research and design test cases
- Execute manual and automated tests for the offerings that you will be assigned to and deliver clear status in a timely manner
- Explore, identify, and document new bugs; advocate for the resolution of bugs and communicate the impact on customers to developers and support
- Work with Red Hat OpenShift networking technologies like software-defined networking (SDN), Open Virtual Network (OVN), Open vSwitch, routing, firewalls, and more
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of current technologies
- Work in a fast-paced global agile environment with talented quality engineers
What you will bring:
- Testing experience working with globally distributed QE team members
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent in computer science or a related field
- 2+ years of professional experience working in QE
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and techniques
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system (any distribution)
- Programming skills in shell, Ruby, Golang, Python, or another programming language
- Motivated and dedicated to learning and collaboration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
About Red Hat:
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.