ABA Therapist, RBT, Work With Children @ Brightwork ABA Therapy, Inc. - Redondo Beach, CA
ABA Therapist, RBT, Work With Children
Post a job for free in Redondo Beach, CA
Are you an experienced Behavior Therapist or RBT on a path to becoming a BCBA?
Are you wishing to be a part of a truly collaborative team, made from friendly and play-based, ‘#dobetter’ ABA providers, each of whom is mindful and driven?
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of clients, parents, families, and yourself through the principles of behavior science then apply now and join our team!
"The journey with ABA therapy is a marathon, not a sprint. Of the utmost importance is the positive flow of the overall experience. While life as well as therapy will have its ups downs, we seek to lighten the load and brighten the work!" – Founder - Brightwork ABA Therapy
A quote from one of our employees: - “I love making a difference in people’s lives, and am so happy and grateful to be working where I am.”
We are actively seeking only the most qualified, energetic, and passionate Behavior Technicians!
This position is only suited for friendly, play-based individuals who are great with kids aged 2-8.
Our agency is highly specialized, and our team is made up of devoted behavioral scientists! We are a highly recommended provider of in-home, community, and clinic based ABA Therapy in the South Bay.
Please note: We only hire people who are looking to invest in their long term career in ABA, and must have at least 3-5yrs. ABA experience, with fluency in principles such as NET, ACT, PRT, Verbal Behavior, Antecedent modifications, and more…
Provide direct in-home, in-school, and community-based services to individuals diagnosed with Autism and related developmental disabilities in collaboration with / under supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Implements programs based on ABA principles increasing communication, self-help, and social / play skills.
- Collect data in accordance with specified plans and goals, as defined per client by the BCBA.
- Keep accurate records of client’s progress with specified plans and goals.
- Keep clients motivated to learn.
- Manage challenging behaviors as they occur.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive client information.
- Represent our ABA Agency through courteous and professional communication with families.
- Travel to client’s homes/community settings as required to deliver services. (mileage reimbursed)
- Create and print supporting materials (paid/reimbursed)
Job Requirements: (Please only apply if you meet ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS)
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Psychology, Child Development, Communication Disorders, Education or related field. (Required)
- Have 3-5 years working in Applied Behavior Analysis, managing challenging behaviors with children. (Required)
- Have 3+ years additional previous experience working with children. (Required)
- Enrolled in or completed a Master's Program for Applied Behavior Analysis
- Be able to play and engage children with creativity and enthusiasm.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills: spoken and written.
- Have a driver's license, reliable transportation, and auto insurance for driving to clients.
- Have access to a working cell phone, computer, and printer. (Required)
- Be CPR and First Aid certified (preferred).
- Must Pass a TB test within the last 4 years. (required)
- FBI/DOJ Background Check / Livescan (required)
- You must be able to walk, run fast, stand, sit, kneel, bend, stoop, crouch, crawl, twist, and reach above your head. You must also be able to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Work may involve play with children which may occur on the floor. Also, work may be in settings where the furniture is child-size.
- Diligent attending to the safety of the patient and your surroundings is a must.
- Quick and sudden movements are often required.
- Sustained physical exertion may last for up to 45 minutes at a time.
What We Offer:
Job Types: Part-time
At least 20-30 hours are available immediately in the afternoons, evenings, and weekends. Additional hours may be available if desired.
Our exemplary agency is ripe with opportunity for advancement.
- Paid comprehensive initial and ongoing training (consisting of skills training, online training, and job shadowing/observation)
- We sponsor select qualified therapists to become Registered Behavior Technician(s) (RBT)
- We provide formal supervision hours for candidates seeking the BCBA designation
- Hourly rate commensurate with education and experience $15-22 / HOUR
- Paid Sick/Leave Time
- Monthly performance reviews with performance based bonus pay
- Opportunities for career advancement
- 401K for qualifying full time employees
Please Note: Our interview process is extensive. We only hire a select few exemplary individuals. (about 1 out of every 10 candidates)
Candidates are required to complete multiple assignments as part of the interview process.
We suggest that you do not submit your resume unless you are committed to following through and completing these tasks.
If you are hired you will have an unrivaled opportunity to change lives, together with the best in our field.
Please answer the following questions, and upload/submit your Cover Letter + Resume or CV: (REQUIRED)
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certifications: Driver's License? RBT? BCBA? First Aid Certification?
- How many years of Applied Behavior Analysis experience do you have?
- How many years of childcare experience do you have?
- Have you attached a COVER LETTER to your resume? If you have not included a cover letter, your application will be IMMEDIATELY REJECTED. Please highlight your interest in the field and the position.
Our growing agency focuses on providing ethical and effective behavioral services throughout the South Bay Los Angeles.
We are dedicated to serving each unique and bright child with wholesome, compassionate care.
We are diverse and are inclusive; Each of us represent a culture of mindfulness, and practice globally applicable principles rooted in the foundation of Behavior Analysis.
To achieve this level of service, we qualify candidates for the Behavior Technician position extensively.
Our exemplary technicians are as committed to our clients’ success…
As we are to theirs.
We provide supportive and frequent supervision on all cases in a mentorship style.
The clinic BCBA is available daily for case review and support. A BCBA will be on-site as much as needed for in-person case support.
Case materials are always provided.
We provide opportunities for ongoing education, and supervision for Master's completion / BCBA certifications.
Join us today and build a solid foundation for your career in Applied Behavior Analysis!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
We are continuing to implement company wide practices to protect our team and our clients and reduce the impact of the Covid-19 health crisis in our social bubble. This position will have a mixture of tele-health and in person visits with PPE protection.
- ABA: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time: