Wowza Media Systems is currently seeking a highly technical and innovative thinker as a DevOps (Infrastructure as Code) Engineer who will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems.
You will be responsible for helping automate and streamline our operations and processes, building and maintaining tools for release automation, continuous integration, deployment, monitoring, trouble shooting and resolving issues in our development, test, and production environments. What You’ll do:
- Work with the team to design and improve our CI/CD automation; we are working on "Uber-Terraform", one CD Pipeline to automate and deploy everything we have in Prod and QA.
- Learn and understand our legacy systems to make recommendations for improvement
- Identify gaps in our process and recommend improvements and efficiencies that result in lower costs and greater reliability
- Work closely with the IaC manager to advise and think creatively to solve problems with elegance, simplicity and maintainability.
- Mentor junior team members leveraging your experience, good-will and desire to teach
- Participate in on-call duties as needed
- Exposure to ownership of maintaining and designing large, production environments.
- 5 years of technical experience with 2-3 years in a DevOps role
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Cloudfront, Route53, Load balancing, VPC, Subnetting, EC2, and all related AWS technologies.
- Experience utilizing Terraform to deploy cloud resources, design and create new Terraform modules, and the ability to understand and modify existing modules.
- Experience with Kubernetes deployments, specifically using Rancher to deploy and manage clusters and deploy production workloads.
- Well-versed with scripting languages such as Ruby and Python, and the ability to use these languages to solve operational problems.
- Knowledge of GitOps practices and automation and deployment through CI/CD pipelines
Compensation and Benefits
Wowza offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available 1st day of employment
Generous Paid Time Off
401(k) with strong company match
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Training & Development
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of our salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. The salary is one component of our total compensation package for employees. Who We Are:
Wowza Media Systems is a Colorado-based, globally known leader providing video and media streaming software solutions to customers for whom video is mission critical but not a core competency. Wowza’s software enables its customers to deliver high fidelity video streams from (m)any sources to (m)any destinations, with low latency, reliable at large scale. Wowza’s solutions are implemented across video platforms, gaming, fitness, auction and commerce, education and government applications. The Company is backed by private equity firm Clearhaven Partners. Why Work for Wowza:
Wowza’s team works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.