Currently, RG is looking to hire an experienced Front-End Developer to support our Air Force Agile development project team in providing high-quality technological expertise and support developing a compelling and modernized customer experience for our client’s enterprise level planning and scheduling software platform.
A successful candidate must be comfortable working with the Angular development language complemented with a Java backend to implement complex business rules. An understanding of software testing principles and their execution is also required.A Day In the Life:
As an integral member of our iterative Agile development team the chosen candidate will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including: estimation, technical design, implementation, documentation testing, deployment and sustainment support of our client’s planning and scheduling application.
As a member working in a team environment you will work alongside our team of solution architects, business analysts, and UX design team to implement business requirements focusing on improving the user experience and optimizing the overall product experience for the user community.
Specific responsibilities include:
How You Can Make A Difference:
- Communicating with internal stakeholders to understand business processes, requirements, personas, and workflows, while collaborating within the ongoing iterative Agile development process
- Performing the needed analysis, design, development, and documentation of existing and future code modules
- Conduct issue troubleshooting analysis and stakeholder briefings to include technical diagnosis, mitigation plan creation, timeframe estimate for completion, and final resolution recommendation
- Collaborating with the Business Analyst(s) and QA Test Team to ensure that the work product aligns with the documented requirements and Product Owner’s expectations
- Working with Product Owners or representatives to solicit and incorporate user experience feedback
- The ability and willingness to manage multiple work threads, structure those threads in a viable order of execution, and engage with upper management to set thread priorities
- Working within established development guidelines, standards, methodologies, and conventions
- Collaborating and coordinating in a consistent manner with the development team to ensure coding standards are followed, development best practices are employed along with the sharing of knowledge and lessons learned
- Using CI/CD processes including using Jenkins/Maven/JUnit and CM tools such as Subversion, TortoiseSVN, or GIT
The usability of our software and related applications is of primary importance to RG and our customers. RG’s software is used by the Department of Defense for the planning, scheduling, and management of critical maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) activities supporting warfighter readiness, requiring the user experience to be clear, consistent, and efficient.
The ideal candidate will be in a position to apply relevant systems engineering and development skills in an Agile environment while working as a member of the software development team, and be responsible for maintaining the software products and answering questions from the field concerning configuration and development issues as they relate to customer/client support.
A Consultant is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG's solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value teamwork, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
Bring the WOW Factor:
- 3+ years of Java Development experience to include the following:
- Working with Spring Framework w/Hibernate
- Working with APIs in Java including: JPA 2.0, RESTful, and JSON
- Experience with Angular (NG2) and/or TypeScript
- Experience in design work related to enterprise level data-oriented web system
- Knowledge of Agile software design and development process
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with and share knowledge with coworkers to achieve strategic goals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across management, staff, and multiple Agile delivery teams
- Current NACI or ability to obtain
- Ability to travel nationwide for potential client meetings
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field
- Experience with TOAD
- Agile certification (such as CSM or SAFe)
- Cloud Practitioner Certification
- Experience designing and building disconnected mobile applications
- Current/previous Secret clearance or above
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. EOE, including disability/vetsAt Robbins-Gioia (RG), we provide management consulting, managed services, and JFAST software. Our management consulting services combine leading-edge capabilities in management and technology with a seasoned understanding of our clients’ missions. Our managed services help our clients maximize their technology investments by providing experienced professionals that complement our clients’ strategy and operations. Our JFAST software is a suite of tools that perform advanced planning and scheduling operations and is the most capable intelligent scheduling platform for complex, mission-critical applications.Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we partner with our clients to test and refine every solution to meet their exact needs. We take pride in tackling complex management challenges with fresh and innovative insights and in transforming our clients’ vision into reality.