John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food and beverage industry with a focus on proteins, liquid foods, and automated guided vehicles. JBT designs, produces, and services sophisticated products and systems for multi-national and regional food companies through its FoodTech segment. JBT also sells critical equipment and services to domestic and international air transportation customers through its AeroTech segment.
JBT’s vision is to be a best-in-class partner to its customers, enabling a seamless experience from machine purchase to aftermarket experience throughout the entire lifecycle. To do this, JBT is committed to providing differentiated, data-enabled solutions, and a world class user experience. As part of our growing IOT team, you will create innovative solutions that meet customers' needs and play an integral role in executing JBT’s digital strategy and development into a best-in-class, technically enabled OEM. This role presents a unique, exciting opportunity to join a large & global company that is investing in new skills and resources to lead digital innovation. The position will require strong technical skills, problem-solving ability, and strategic thinking.
In this position, you will work with a team of frontend engineers to write high-quality, sustainable code & design strategies to connect frontend development to larger products and business needs using agile software.
- Work with development teams across the product organization & participate in software delivery process
- Develop clean, maintainable, readable code that is scalable and secure.
- Designs and develops pages, templates, and components with which a content author interacts to create the desired user experience as communicated by the product owners and UX designers
- Write high-quality and sustainable code by leveraging best-in-class technical practices that are compatible with all the modern browsers
- Work with Azure distributed systems engineers to work with the right APIs.
- Address and debug application issues and lead preventative and root cause analysis efforts to minimize future issues
- Review & integrate code from other developers on the team while maintaining good standards & code hygiene
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblock
- A computer science background (B.S. or equivalent degree, or equivalent industry experience).
- 4+ years of professional development experience.
- Experience working REST Apis and interaction with backend.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and automated unit, performance, and integration testing (Junit, pytest, Jest, Mocha, or similar)
- Experience working in Agile
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Experience with UI/UX design tools like Figma or Adobe XD
- Experience working in Azure Cloud environment.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (GitHub Actions, Travis CI, CircleCI, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.) and building build, testing, and deployment pipelines
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Susan Cotton at 844-286-4524
if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.