· Work with data scientists and analysts to rapidly design, implement, test, and deploy applications capable to tackling complex analytical tasks using large datasets
· Communicate with end users, team lead, and team members to create and support new products and features
· Communicate with product users to enhance or troubleshoot products
· Design client-side and server-side architecture
· Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
· Write effective APIs
· Build features and applications with a responsive design
· Write technical documentation and support data governance strategy
· Function in an Agile based team environment
· 5+ years of experience with full stack development
· Experience with UI/UX design is desired.
· Knowledge of front-end frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Node.js)
· Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. Python/C#) and backend frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django)
· Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, Teradata), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
· Experience in designing and integrating different API architectures (e.g. REST, gRPC)
· Server management and deployment for the relevant environments (e.g. Azure, AWS)
· Professional certification(s) in a related field of web development and/or front-end/back-end disciplines
· Candidates must either be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
· Candidates must have resided in the United States for the past 5 years
· Candidates must not have traveled outside of the United States for a combined total of 6 months or greater in the past 5 years
· This position requires successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and a credit check.
· Knowledge of message brokers (e.g. Kafka, EventHub), version control (e.g. Azure DevOps, GitHub) and Websockets
· Knowledge of architectural patterns (e.g. Monolith, Microservices, Serverless, Service Mesh)
· Familiarity with Agile and/or Scrum
· Knowledge or familiarity with Databricks
· Preference is candidates are local to the Washington DC area as the client site is in Rosslyn, VA
Education: A Degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or relevant field is required
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Remote – Candidates must be located within the contiguous United States
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn .
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Annapolis Junction, MD
San Jose, CA
San Diego, CA