HeadLight, founded in 2005, delivers industry-leading technology solutions that have revolutionized the infrastructure construction industry. Our photo-driven inspection and verification technology enables our customers to streamline and mobilize project inspections, communications, and documentation leading to superior project deliveries. We have a variety of customers ranging from state departments of transportation, top-tier engineering firms, contractors, equipment manufacturers, and industry-related materials companies. The opportunities to shape and provide efficiencies to the infrastructure construction industry are endless.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you get to bring your passion for software to help lead development projects and mentor other engineers. You will work with a talented team to expand our reach into the infrastructure construction space, building an innovative platform, reducing customers’ budget, time, and risk. You will collaborate with engineers, program/ product managers, and test engineers to deliver critical applications and improve upon HeadLight’s existing platform.
- Design and implement software infrastructure, microservices, APIs, and UI solutions
- Own cross-team initiatives from concept to delivery
- Mentor engineers and participate in code reviews to ensure a high level of engineering rigor
- Define, refine, and implement engineering standards in collaboration with other Senior Engineers and the team
- Develop and refine system-level designs and drive implementation via the larger team
- Full stack development to help you own your solutions from beginning to end - Own your solutions from beginning to end from the frontend development to the backend
- Deliver well documented systems that are self-sustaining, scalable, and easy to audit
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- Specify and implement platform changes to achieve massive scalability
- Integrate the HeadLight platform with third party systems
- Identify areas of opportunity in process, technology, and our product
- Be part of an amazing team that’s helping redefine an industry
We Invest with Intention: With limited time, we choose our investments carefully to maximize our impact. We prioritize investments in understanding, leading to better decisions. We choose investments that will pay dividends over time. We invest as a team, with shared purpose and drive.
- We Bias Towards Action: We choose to act fast and be nimble. We seek data to guide our actions, take calculated risks, and evaluate our successes and failures. We celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes.
- We Earn Trust: We are mindful of our impact. We discover opportunities and generate alignment through transparent communication. We honor commitments to our teams, customers and each other, building a foundation for trust.
- We Cultivate Ownership Culture: We hold each other accountable for delivering outcomes that achieve shared goals. We seek opportunities to tap in, and make decisions and commitments in service to company growth.
- We Are Customer Focused: We are strategic partners, listening and guiding without bias. We work to deeply understand our customers to help reach shared goals, leveraging our technology and collective expertise. We deliver best-in-class products and solutions in service of infrastructure.
We Embrace Growth Mindset: We embrace learning, viewing challenges not as barriers to progress, but rather as opportunities for growth. We are comfortable with being uncomfortable. We know when to lean in and when to ask for help.
Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Preferred candidates will be located in the Pacific Time zone with candidates in the Mountain Time Zone taken into consideration.
The salary range for the role is $150,000-$200,000 annually. Exact compensation will be based or adjusted on skills, experience and location. We will provide more information on our benefits and stock options upon request.
- Enthusiasm to learn and innovate in the infrastructure construction software space
- 6+ years of systems programming experience with modern programming standards and practices
- Customer-focused mindset for building products that meet the needs of our users
- Passion and experience mentoring and growing your fellow engineers
- Aspiration to be challenged in a fast paced and growing environment and to make a direct impact on the industry and organization
- Technical thought leadership and mentorship
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Strong experience in backend development using latest languages such as Node.JS
- Experience with Docker and container-based development
- Experience with REST or other API design/implementation
- Experience with delivering cloud-based software through cloud services like AWS
Medical, Dental, and Vision