About the Position
Airship is seeking a talented, self-motivated Infrastructure Engineer. The Infrastructure Engineer will support and improve automation, infrastructure management, networking, and other programs, providing recommendations on how best to serve our employees, and bringing the highest level of quality and ownership to their work. This position reports to the Infrastructure Manager and is located at our headquarters in Portland, OR. or the position can also be fully remote.
Build and maintain cloud hosted virtualized infrastructure
- Assist, deploy & maintain high-availability cloud networking services
- Assist in Terraform infrastructure as code in a Google GCP cloud environment.
- Support & maintain certificate renewals with multiple platforms like Digicert or Akamai
- Routine after-hours maintenance and emergency support as needed to maintain and secure network
- Ensure execution of a periodic backup of essential files and datasets, including the ability to restore selected files/datasets as required.
- Partner with other teams to build tools to simplify processes and create efficiencies
- Advise and contribute to Infrastructure programs and projects
- Assist with implementation and support of alerting, documentation and monitoring tools
- Handle a variety of other projects as needed
- 2-3 years of linux experience or linux enthusiast
- Basic experience with troubleshooting from the command line such as grep, regex, awk or sed
- Basic experience with a coding language or object oriented programming
- Good networking fundamentals and experience with TCP/IP networking environments
- Good experience with corporate IT security best practices
- Good quantitative and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of personal motivation, drive, and desire to serve
- Ability to analyze problems, develop and recommend solutions, and resolve issues
- Well-organized, ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of accuracy and independence
- Ability remain professional and flexible while under pressure
- Terraform or Terraform Enterprise experience or a willingness to learn
- Experience with Cloud providers Google, AWS or Azure or willingness to learn
- Understanding of basic Docker principles or willingness to learn
- Coding experience with Python, Go, Java, others
- Basic database experience in any of the major offerings Postgres, MySQL, others
At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own — with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization — mobile app experience (MAX).
Learn more about Airship here: Airship Newsroom + Airship Customers
Airship Benefits Summary
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program ($1,750/year) + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program