Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies. Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for. What will you be doing:
The Backend/DevOps Developer is responsible for application development supporting business objectives while sharing a point of view in all phases of the software development lifecycle: conception, design, testing, production, and maintenance. Analyses, designs, and builds applications using standard application design patterns and detailed approaches to application integration. Works on new and existing applications. Performs hands-on development, mentors junior developers, and assists in architecting solutions. Serves as liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- Functions as the single point of contact to a cross-functional team for a variety of managed applications. Responsible for the development and delivery lifecycle during the following phases:
- Requirement Assessment: Works with inter-departmental teams to analyze and understand business requirements. Provides technical expertise during the requirements gathering phase of a project. Accurately details new requirements, improvements to existing functionality, and implementation deficiencies that need to be addressed.
- Development: Based on requirements, develops functionality by following internal development standards. Technical solution to include detailed design documentation, code, configuration, and other supporting technical documents.
- Testing: Performs unit, regression, connectivity and full end-to-end integration tests, when it applies; Supports quality insurance effort to gain user acceptance.
- Delivery: Works closely with inter-departmental and cross-departmental resources to migrate new or improved functionality from test to production. Provides effective communication across the team as appropriate. Follows change control standards and processes for release to production.
- Design and build REST API using modern technology stack.
- Perform DevOps activities to support CICD platform.
- Facilitates design and technical meetings. Provides technical documentation to internal business and design teams.
- Follow designated development methodologies and processes.
- Implements enterprise policies for security and confidentiality at the system and inter-system level.
- Provides systems support during special events such as critically important system upgrades, software deployment on cloud, SSL certificate renewal, integration platform upgrades, new application go-lives, application failover exercises and disaster recovery drills.
- Teaches, guides and mentors junior-level programmer/analysts.
- Provides support in the role of a backup to other members of the team.
#Jobs-Indeed Experience Requirements:
- Five (5)+ years of software development experience, and a solid grasp of industry direction.
- Advanced level proficiency with REST api development using NodeJS.
- Solid background in AWS fundamentals (VPC, EC2, Cloud Formation, IAM, S3)
- Experience developing and managing container-based applications. (Docker, ECS)
- Solid grasp of AWS serverless technologies (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Fargate)
- Experience working in DevOps tools and framework (GihHub, CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy)
- Experience in Splunk to build reports, alerts, dashboards is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using various programming and scripting languages (NodeJS, Python, Mocha, Serverless, etc).
- Good understanding of software development engineering principles, frameworks and technologies.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related subject area.