Senior Software Engineer, Frontend Department:
Engineering Reports to:
VP, Engineering & Product
About Sports Info Solutions Pioneers in the Sports Data Industry
SIS was founded on the belief that decision making in sports could be improved and that we could help teams win more games through the use of better data, analytics, and technology.
That belief has been validated repeatedly since our founding in 2002 as we continue to revolutionize the way the game is played on and off the field. Company overview Our mission is to enrich and optimize the decision-making process for sports teams, sportsbooks, and sports fans.
We are proud to have been leaders in collecting, analyzing and distributing the deepest data sets and insights to professional sports teams across the MLB, NBA and NFL.
We are now doubling down on what’s made us successful by further advancing our data, technology, insights and partners as we drive forward the next innovations in Sports Data and Analytics. Position overview
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is growing its new Engineering department and is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help us develop web-based applications that power the analytics departments behind the most successful professional sports organizations, supply the most in-depth data in sports to the leagues, enable the most engaging user experiences in gaming, and deliver the most cutting edge real-time datasets in sports betting.
At SIS, you’ll be a collaborative contributor in an Agile development environment, often taking ownership of certain products and features as much as you’ll be receiving support from more seasoned engineers. Through growth and learning opportunities, we’re as committed to developing your career in Engineering as we are to the success of our team partners on the field and our business partners on the bottom line.
What you’ll do as Senior Software Engineer, Frontend on the team at SIS:
- This role is considered remote.
Includes (but is not limited to):
Why work with SIS?
- Create Vue.js front ends, featuring cross-browser compatibility while considering client-side performance
- Bring designs to life in the browser with slick user experiences
- Build and launch new capabilities and products that translate to wins on the field and dollars for our partners
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, testable, and reliable code
- Engage in software design planning, code reviews, and product development
- Uphold our high engineering standards and constantly elevate code quality
We believe in making sports better through data, analysis and insights. For that reason, we have an incredible team of technologists, scouts, analysts, and operators helping our partners win more games.
It is our ultimate vision to create an unparalleled platform of sporting data and insights, through best-in-class technology, products and partnerships.
We believe in a flexible, energetic, enjoyable working environment where we band together as teammates to do great things. We are committed to creating a diverse environment, working in a collaborative, team-centric environment. Qualifications
If these sound like things that you have, you are well on your way to making an impact at SIS:
Nice to have, but not required qualifications
- Comfortability with code reviews/pull requests
- Demonstrated the ability to deliver software as part of a team
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems
- A deep understanding of the Web
- Communicated across teams to define projects and meet deadlines
- Consistently shown a dedication to well-documented code and Engineering processes
These skills will set you apart:
- Vue.js experience
- Familiarity with a cloud computing environment such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Passion for sports and/or the sports betting space
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests
- Mastery of cross-browser compatibility, responsive design, website performance, and accessibility
SIS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, military status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, SIS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Abilities required
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, including intensive computer usage. Additional info
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.