Available for the following locations:
| Nashville, TN | Louisville, KY
Hello, We're TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce and client base located across the globe. We’re growing and always interested in expanding our team with top talent...make sure to check out our perks and benefits listed below!
Are you looking for a great career with a growing company where you can make an impact and be part of an exciting team? If combining your love for software development, passion for the web, and skill with WordPress sounds like an ideal job for you, you've found the right place!
We are looking for a talented web developer who has experience maintaining and modifying WordPress for our 30+ high-traffic websites with custom themes, plugins, and web services. We have an “always learning” culture driven to improve as both individuals and as a team. If you are interested in being challenged, learning full-stack development, exploring DevOps, then TechnologyAdvice may be the next step in your career.
We are a Scrum-based engineering team focused on web technologies that strives to deliver business value quickly. Our team culture values the ideas and contributions of all members. We trust each other to maintain a high level ownership in our work, and always see things through to completion. We also like to have a bit of fun. When you’re not creating or maintaining business-critical software systems, you might be in a technical book club, participating in a hack-a-thon, or sharing your favorite hobbies over Slack.
How You'll Contribute…*
You will play a vital role in our business and on our team by utilizing your experience on the web to enrich all of our web technologies. You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining, developing, and supporting our collection of high-traffic websites
- Migrating sites from other platforms into our comprehensive WordPress environment
- Developing and maintaining WordPress plugins that extend the functionality of our sites
- Customizing and maintaining WordPress themes
- Monitoring our sites and services to meet uptime and performance goals
- Performing administrative maintenance of our WordPress instances
- Development of rich media ads and creatives
- Utilizing your expertise as a web developer to propel the business forward
What You Bring…*
- 2+ years of experience building applications and sites on the web
- Ability to read and write PHP
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Comfortable working with MySQL, importing and exporting data, and optimizing database queries
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and data formats (JSON, XML)
- Experience maintaining and supporting WordPress sites
- Experience developing WordPress plugins or contributing to WordPress core
- Experience developing or customizing WordPress themes
- Experience with various caching systems and content-delivery networks
- Experience monitoring and optimizing WordPress sites
- Experience migrating sites from other platforms into WordPress
- Experience with search engine optimization
- Experience with object-oriented programming
Why You Want Us...*
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
To see all job openings and learn more, visit our Careers Page.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required._#LI-Remote
COVID-19 RESPONSE: *
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we follow all CDC and local protocol.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations