Hotel Front Desk Associate @ Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Rosemead - Rosemead, CA
Hotel Front Desk Associate
Post a job for free in Rosemead, CA
Branded hotel in the San Gabriel Valley is seeking a Front Desk Associate to join the team. This individual will be responsible for greeting and registering guests and checking guests out of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Greet guests and complete the registration process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows location of room
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries
- Answer telephone calls, take reservations and inquiries, transfer calls to appropriate parties
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction
- Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests
- Experience not required, but highly desirable. Will train.
- Must be responsible, detail oriented and timely.
- A great personality with a nice smile is a must!
- Knowledgeable in using a computer, counting cash, answering multi-line telephone.
- Multitask and willing to learn
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must have a flexible schedule - nights, weekends, holidays, overnights are all open to scheduling.
***IF INTERESTED, PLEASE INCLUDE RESUME AND ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS***
- What makes you a great candidate to work as a Front Desk Associate of a Hotel?
- When will you be available to begin work?
- Desired Salary
- Please describe a time when you provided excellent customer service.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
To keep our associates as safe as possible, we've installed plexiglass barriers, and we provide masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Please be prepared to constantly follow our cleaning protocol schedule to maintain a healthy and clean environment.
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sunday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- One location
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma