Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability, protection, and insights. Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
We are looking for candidates who have experience with file systems, storage, cloud technology and related areas for data protection solution. You should also have an eye for great design and a knack for pushing projects from conception all the way to a quality delivery to customers.
In this role, you will design and develop data protection solutions using the latest technologies. You will own product quality and overall customer experience.
You will also propose technical solutions to product/service problems while refining, designing and implementing software components in line with technical requirements, and verifying, validating, and maintaining quality solutions.
The Sr. Software Engineer will productively work in a highly collaborative agile team, coach junior team members, actively participate in knowledge sharing all while communicating across teams in a multinational environment.
Minimum Required Skills include:
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field of study with 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Understanding emerging standards and engineering good practices
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns
- Mastered the fundamentals of programming and debugging in Java and/or C++
- Proficient in API fundamentals and good practices
Experience with developing on a collaborative team and/or agile development experience
- Ability to collaborate with various teams to implement innovative and viable solutions for commercial product and internal tool user interfaces
- Ability to communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
Desired Skills include:
- Understanding of file systems, storage and cloud technologies a plus
- Knowledge of databases and SQL a plus
- Knowledge of operating Systems: LINUX/UNIX, Windows, others a plus
- Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development)
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube) and best practices
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design a plus
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. If you only meet some of the asks for this role, that's OK! We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team. If you have the curiosity to learn and appetite to teach what you know, we encourage you to apply. Come as you are! Interested? Apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!