3M HIS Software Engineer
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“A long-lasting career at 3M comes from having vision, imagination and the ability to see what doesn’t exist. 3Mers are groundbreaking innovators and it’s important that we give every person the space for disruptive and creative thinking.” – John Banovetz, executive vice president, chief technology officer and environmental responsibility at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Be an active member of the ‘360 Encompass International’ Agile team by participating in all phases of SDLC. 360 Encompass is our flagship product used by thousands of hospitals around the United States, Canada, Australia, and UAE.
- Participate and lead software design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation as needed
- Participate in analysis and code review
- Work with other software engineers, clinical analysts, quality engineers, and other team members to design and build required features.
- Adhere to team design and coding procedures and standards.
- Coordinate and communicate with your product owner, clinical analysts, quality analysts, and other software engineers
- Resolve escalated internal customer support issues
- Create and automate component unit tests, measure, and improve software performance, and take pride in the quality of component deliverables.
- Document technical aspects of the application for technical users and end-user documentation.
- Determine and recommend tools to prepare us for future technologies
- Develop your own skillset through training and development opportunities and continue to grow with 3M
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) and six (6) years of experience in software development
- Two (2) years experience programming in a MS Windows environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience using TypeScript frameworks
- Experience using SQL
- Experience using Git and Microsoft TFS
- Experience doing full stack web application development (including setting up the OS, web server, backend services, and front-end UI)
- Experience developing with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system internals and APIs
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Team player yet able to function independently with minimal supervision
- Health information systems experience and an understanding of hospital medical record systems (e.g. grouping, editing, coding, abstracting, reimbursement and billing) is helpful but not required
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet predefined deadlines, prioritize work assignments and ensure deliverable dates are met
- Able to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Travel: May include up to 5%
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.