Data Analyst II
The Data Analyst II manages and delivers dashboards, reports, and scorecards to support Residential Sales
operations and analytics. This role is an experienced analyst who is an expert in reporting, analysis, and KPI metrics with an understanding of data and visualization to provide insight and help drive strategy. This role partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a consultative role on ideas and solutions that impact operational results.
Serves as a key integrator between Sales
Operations and Strategy, Technology DSS, and Finance in support of residential sales
data, reporting, & analysis. Responsible for all aspects of integrating new data and reporting in the Sales Marketing
Analysis & Reporting Team (SMART). Analyst will partner with stakeholders to gather and document requirements for Residential Sales
data & reporting to produce and manage channel & agent performance reports and supporting ad hoc analyses.
What You'll Do
What's In It For You
- Translate business logic into dashboards, charts, reports and presentations in support of the Residential Sales department using MicroStrategy and/or other analytical tools
- Create dashboards with effective visualization and logical layout to tell data stories aligning to business goals
- Nice to have knowledge of SQL that is used to create data extracts for reports
- Generate operational and analytical reporting for residential Sales & Marketing channels
- Identify, research, and resolve discrepancies in data
- Understand the existing source system data models and be able to consolidate on reports and dashboards
- Work in partnership with the other teams and stakeholders concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of processes
- Present Residential Sales reporting and insights to leadership and other business partners
At Cox, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package, 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
We value people more than technology. That means you'll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You'll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree degree and 2 years of related experience or 8 years of related experience, OR
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience working directly with leadership and supporting multiple stakeholders. Strong analytic and diagnostic skills, and a data-driven and metrics-driven approach.
- Experience in developing dashboards and/or analytical and operational reports on MicroStrategy (or similar applications) and Microsoft Excel
- Deep understanding of metrics, reporting tools and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to use effective visuals to tell insightful data story with logical layout.
- Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively, and proactively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, dynamic and virtual environment
- Proven ability to work in a cross-organizational team environment collaborating with the business leads on key deliverables pertaining to business readiness and specifically in support of sales and marketing
USD 63,600.00 - 95,400.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.