Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years, we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in the role-relevant field and/or MA/MS/MBA or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Industry Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of product management fundamentals and go-to-market processes for B2B software in the fraud space.
- Previous experience in managing product portfolio of ML platforms, Fraud Models (First Party, 3rd party, SID et al), AI commercialization in the financial space will be preferred
- Minimum of 7 years experience from one of the following areas preferred: fraud prevention and risk management, B2B fraud prevention technology services, financial services, online retail and e-commerce, and/or other similar fields
- Voice of Customers\Clients of how they have implemented Workflow and Orchestration software in the Fraud space.
- Payments, credit or fraud risk policy, data management, and analytics experience are a plus.
- Product Lifecycle Management:
- Excellent understanding of software product development processes
- Overall 8-10 or more years of experience in product management of software or Fraud analytics products preferred.
- 5-7 years of managerial experience and leading Teams
- Experience with agile product development and software-as-a-service is a plus.
- Commercial Discipline:
- Proven track record of successfully managing products to meet aggressive growth targets; ability to develop and manage product pricing strategies.
- Proven skills to develop, communicate and execute successful product strategies and initiatives.
- Product Marketing:
- Author and contribute to product collateral; collaborate with the marketing team to ensure product marketing plans and initiatives are successfully executed; if needed, ability to effectively play a senior role in sales activities (e.g. present the products, answer questions, and discuss product roadmap
- Clear ability to successfully collaborate with and influence senior executives across the business.
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and maintain attention to detail.
- Track record of effective delivery in a fast-growing business.
- Very strong organizational and project management skills
- A strong team player and high performer in a demanding environment.
- Superb oral and written communication skills. Capable of presenting to senior Experian and client executives, and at industry conferences.
- Highly motivated and independent
- Very good influencing and consultancy skills.
- Good problem-solving ability, breaking down complex problems into distinct parts, managing uncertainty, understanding, anticipating interdependencies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.