Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire.
Our client is building Stripe for Transportation - modernizing payments infrastructure in the trucking industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early stage startup working in a huge industry with over a trillion dollars in transaction flow. Trucking is the backbone of the American economy and we have identified opportunities to replace the broken payments infrastructure & help small businesses.
They have raised over $25 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital among others.
The founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, engineering at Amazon, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, working on small business credit at Square & Goldman Sachs, among others. We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
In this role, you will:
- You will make payments more reliable, reduce transaction costs for everyone, and help small businesses create more jobs.
- You will be working directly at the infrastructure layer interacting with card networks & banks and help build our own processing stack. You’ll be architecting, designing, and developing a large, complex project.
In this role, you will:
- You will build intuitive frontend web applications using modern web frameworks.
- You will participate in the product development process from start to finish, from helping scope projects to measuring their success and iterating based on user feedback.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Can balance between speed of iteration and quality of code. We follow good practices such as testing and code review while iterating fast based on user feedback. We don’t expect you to reinvent the wheel for everything - we use libraries and dependencies to get things done fast without compromising on reliability and usability. Speed of iteration to get to product market fit is key for us and you’ll be working with a team that moves fast.
- Being good at UI design is a nice to have.