HELIX Environmental Planning (HELIX) – a growing, employee-owned California-based environmental consulting firm – is seeking a full-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to support our staff of environmental professionals, biologists and cultural resources at our San Diego County office located in La Mesa, CA. Established in 1991, HELIX helps public and private clients comply with environmental laws and regulations, manage natural and cultural resources, and design and construct sustainable projects.
The ideal candidate for this Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position will be detail-oriented, have strong verbal communication skills, experience with high-volume phone systems with the ability to multi-task. The candidate should also have demonstrated experience in various computer software programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
Why work for HELIX? We are an employee-owned firm, hard-working with a casual and collaborative work environment. Our employees describe us as Client-focused, Caring, Team-oriented, Focused on Integrity, and Flexible. We are excited to meet you!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Duties:
This position will work with, and report directly to, the Facilities Manager. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Answer incoming calls for all office locations
- Work with the lead administrative assistant and Facilities Manager on day-to-day operational tasks which include, but are not limited, to:
o updating and maintaining the company database
o distribute company mail and faxes
o schedule, prepare, and pack all outgoing shipments, overnights, mailers and couriers
o track all postage logs
- Coordinate with project managers and the production staff on all deliverables, including certified mailers
- Work with the Facilities Manager to coordinate and plan company events, such as breakfast and lunch meetings, monthly staff birthdays and company parties
- Assist the Facilities Manager with office organizational projects
- Assist the Facilities Manager in maintaining and updating the Front Facilities Manual and Admin support tasks for new hires
- Respond to all other miscellaneous staff requests and complete all other duties, as assigned.
This position will also include out of the office facilities errands and transportation is required.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.