Who we are:
Apixio augments the ability to decipher and understand patient information. This translates into better care delivery, lower costs, and streamlined processes. We process millions of patients every year and we're growing not only in the number of patients but also the kind of data we analyze. Come help us improve healthcare with technology!
We are changing the way healthcare uses data. Right now, about 80% of healthcare data is underused because it is too messy and unstructured for humans to efficiently analyze. The healthcare industry needed an intelligent technology that could extract insights quickly and accurately. And that is where we came in. Apixio augments the ability to read, decipher, and understand patient information. This ultimately translates into better care delivery, lower costs, and streamlined processes.
As a Software Engineer at Apixio, you'll be working on the code that powers our business. Your work will impact our platform users, customers, and improve the care for millions of patients across the country. Collaborating with our product and design teams, you will build industry-leading products that are transforming the healthcare industry.
What you bring to the table
- A love of writing code on a daily basis and atleast 2 years of work experience outside of academia
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
- Experience with developing complex software systems with production quality, performance and reliability
- Experience with large-scale distributed system technologies (E.g. Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, SPARK, Akka)
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and collaborate with others in solving them
- Familiarity with unit, integration and feature testing strategies. As an advocate for product quality you consider "done" when you truly feel that your code works, scales and is ready to delight the customer.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands on experience with Scala programming is a plus
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Your skills and background may be more translatable to this role than you initially thought. Allow us the opportunity to get to know you. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
What Apixio can offer you:
- Meaningful work to improve the healthcare industry
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits, including medical, dental and vision, FSA
- 401k with company matching
- Generous vacation policy
- Subsidized gym membership
When we return to the office in January 2022:
- A hybrid work schedule (3 days in office & 2 days work from home)
- Modern open office in beautiful San Mateo, CA & San Diego, CA
- Catered, free lunches
- Parties, picnics, and wine-downs
- Free parking
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.