We are seeking an awesome Full Stack Java Developer with outstanding SQL abilities to work for an amazing company. We are looking for a skilled Developer who will help facilitate the software development lifecycle (SDLC) by developing, installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting test and production environments. This will be a REMOTE
position. You will join our talented team of engineers who deliver mission critical capability to our clients and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance and security. You should have a background in IT, systems administration, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis. We also expect you to demonstrate superb technical competency and strong teamwork skills.
Who is PVM?
PVM, Inc. is comprised of professional engineers who love what we do and have fun doing it! We have earned the trust of our customers and peers, and ... we are growing! We are an employee managed company that empowers our team to make decisions and seek the best solutions for our customers. We operate as a family
and passionately protect our company culture. We thrive
on challenging problems with mission critical
applications. PVM doesn’t shy from asking or answering hard questions. We value active voices and diverse teams.
Things PVM is Doing
- Created new insights for U.S. financial institutions into their massive amounts of data.
- Provided real-time, enterprise solutions on enterprise architectures for DoD and Military strategic and tactical decision making
- Developed federal, state, and local law enforcement forensic investigations leveraging OSINT
Technologies You’ll Be Using
- Backend: Java, Scala, Go, Groovy, Coffeescript, Python, Shell, Vertica, PostgreSQL
- Environment: Linux, AWS, Puppet, Ansible, Nagios, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Opensource frameworks: Play, SpringBoot, Hadoop, Hive
- Builds and support provided with: Jira, Confluence, Git, Stash, Gradle, Jenkins, Airflow, Rundeck, Concourse, Docker
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- The ability to pass a thorough background check and a drug test
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline AND 5 years applicable experience
- Strong software engineering and software development skills
- Proven work history in the financial field required
- Proficient skills in JAVA - APPLIED SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong systems administration skills in Linux
- Strong database skills including schema management and SQL development
- Problem solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
- Great time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical personnel
- Detail-oriented and a team-player
- A creative thinker and enjoy a collaborative environment
- Work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
You Might Also Have
- ACTIVE SECRET/TOP SECRET government clearance is preferred (not required for this position)
- SCRUM Master certification (or applied experience)
- Some mobile development and/or UX
- Experience with Scala backend APIs, and a sense for the finer points of the Mobile user experience
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) Certifications (Solutions Architect, Developer), and/or any Specialties
- Experience with EC2 (Elastic Computer Cloud), RDS (Relational Database Service), S3 (Simple Storage Service), VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EMR (Elastic Map Reduce)
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building
- Proficiency with object oriented languages
- Adaptability in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users
- Enjoy continuously learning (we realize making mistakes means progress)
- Actively seeking opportunities to grow and develop
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package to include health benefits, Flexible paid time off, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement and internal employee micro-bonus program
- PVM is a company made up of real people. Accommodating real people means things like allowing ample maternity/paternity leave, family vacation time, and cultivating a family culture within the company.
- The corporate tech world can be fast paced and highly professional- we want to take the edge off while making big waves in the industry.
- We would love to meet you and have you join our dynamic and diverse team!
- Find out more about us at www.pvmit.com