About Okta Devices
Passwordless is the future of identity and authentication. That's why we, at Okta, have made it our goal to redefine how users authenticate to services. Our mission is to provide frictionless and secure access to all the resources that our users need on a daily basis.
We are the Okta Devices organization and we are responsible for architecting and building web services as well as client software to implement our mission. One of our main products is FastPass, which is revolutionizing how users authenticate on the web.
Check out https://www.okta.com/fastpass/ About Okta
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems. Position Description
Okta is seeking a Fullstack Staff Engineer to join its Devices Platform Engineering group. This is an opportunity to build a Zero Friction Passwordless Identity layer at a massive scale. Ideal candidates have a passion for conceiving and building secure, scalable, and available Identity platform services. Job Duties and Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Own the problems end-to-end - from concept design to final implementation
- Influence the direction of the product design and architecture
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, and TechOps team
- Conduct design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
Desirable Knowledge, Skills
- 7+ years experience building Java based web applications
- Experience with one or more of: Spring, REST, RDBMS, Redis, Tomcat
- Experience with one or more UI technologies such as Angular, ReactJS, Backbone, Vue.
- Good understanding of design-patterns, scalability patterns, security engineering and object-oriented principles.
- Experience working in Agile software development teams leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across functions and time zones
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (FIDO, U2F, WebAuthn, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience working with Mobile Apps
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta's privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $185,000.00/year + equity + benefits)) Okta
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 15,800 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta's privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy/
From a competitive salary and employee stock purchasing plan to professional development resources and flexible PTO, Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us