We're looking for a talented Infrastructure Engineers to help us build one of the most advanced people sensing systems in the world. Our product
and infrastructure are nuanced and distinctive. Building this product
for scale has been an exercise in pragmatism, creativity, remarkable engineering
, laser physics, global logistics, and grit.
Our mission at Density is to measure and improve our footprint on the world. We help today's largest companies understand how their buildings are used. We've counted hundreds of millions of people via systems that are real-time, accurate, and anonymous by design
Today alone, Density will ingest over 5 million events. In the coming year, our sensor network is on track to grow tenfold. The overall system load is expanding quickly. Maintaining our low latency standards requires an increasingly thoughtful and well-crafted system.
We're architecting infrastructure where annual, unscheduled downtime is measured in minutes. We're building intelligent redundancies so missed events are an oddity. We're constructing an exceptional engineering
team to support always-on, intelligible analytics generated on the fly.
We have a consumer product
DNA and are building delightful user interfaces across various surfaces. Our goal is not simply to build dashboards for our data, but instead a five star experience for our customers informed by our sensor data.
The Infrastructure team is responsible for all of the cloud resources that power Density's business
. We're a small group of engineers with broad experience and a passion for building reliable systems and thoughtful tools. Our positioning within Density is unique— our customers are other members of the engineering
team. The products we build help application engineers deliver value to Density's customers quickly and effectively. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer
, you will help define, design
, build, and manage the infrastructure that enables these products.
This role reports to our Director, Engineering
and Infrastructure, and is a senior individual contributor position. Density is a remote-native company, and we have offices in San Francisco, New York City, and Syracuse.
What you'll do:
- Own, operate, and maintain production Kubernetes clusters running thousands containers.
- Be a core contributor to our roadmap initiatives, namely our migration to Kubernetes and re-architecture of internal tooling. Since we are transitioning to Kubernetes, having knowledge of Nomad is not a requirement but a nice to have.
- Look for areas of improvement across our stack, design a solution, and see it through to production.
- Evangelize new designs and work with developer feedback to build a system that is robust, easy to use, and satisfies the use case.
- Participate in 24/7 on call rotation for infrastructure issues. Participate in and coordinate incident response during production outages.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience in an SRE, Infrastructure or DevOps role.
- Background operating and maintaining container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Terraform, Packer, Ansible, or equivalent
- Strong background in Linux/Unix fundamentals, including systemd, shell scripting, performance tuning
- Ability to design and manage CI / CD pipelines (ArgoCD, Helm, Sops, Github Actions .. )
- Experience with incident response processes and outage resolution
- Strong writing skills; ability to craft clear and concise documentation
An ideal candidate will have:
- Significant prior experience with observability and logging platforms such as DataDog and OpenSearch.
- Significant prior experience operating and maintaining high performance logging and metrics pipelines using Vector, Fluentd, or similar.
- Experience using observability tools to tie metrics to application scaling.
- Have built metrics pipelines processing 100,000s or 1,000,000s of lines per minute.
- Experience operating APIs and web applications, like Go Gin/Connect-GO, Rust, Python Django/Flask,etc.
- A solid understanding of Linux security fundamentals.
What we bring:
- $217 million raised from investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, and Upfront Ventures.
- A work environment full of fun, smart, talented, dedicated, and truly kind teammates.
- Our values are to be humble, seek feedback, and always solve the fundamental problem.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, mental and reproductive health, 401K, equity, Flex Fridays, Remote Friendly, unlimited & mandatory PTO, and more.