We are growing quickly and looking for software engineers on all of our teams, across product, infrastructure and security. All of our teams have unique charters to collectively build the software, services and systems that enable Pilot to deliver a high-quality experience, profitably at scale. Most of our software engineers would describe themselves as generalists — they can work across the stack though may gravitate more towards frontend, backend, infrastructure, etc. Please apply and we'll be sure to match you with an opening that fits your background and interests.
- Building, testing and deploying software in a continuous manner (we deploy throughout the week, if not every day)
- Working with PMs and Product Designers, and participating in product and design reviews.
- Creating and/or contributing to technical specs and testing/rollout plans.
- Working with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure we're solving the right problems.
- Mentoring and sponsoring your teammates to help them grow.
- Working across teams to shape the future of engineering at Pilot.
- Supporting your software and services as required.
Even if you don't have experience with the specific technologies in our stack, we'd love to talk to you! Our requirements are:
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Able to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong written, verbal, and technical communication skills
- Writes well-structured, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and teach others
Additionally, we're interested in engineers with specialties in the following areas: security, infrastructure, frontend, data pipelines, and FinTech.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech's Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees' development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot's recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.