Title: World Ready Software EngineerJob Description
How would you like to be part of a team that helps every person fulfill their right to participate in the global economy?
At PayPal, we believe we have an obligation to empower people to exercise this right. To do this, the experience must be intuitive, simple, relevant, and secure no matter where you live, what currency you use or what language you speak.
The World Ready Engineering team creates the vision for infrastructure, platform and tools to enable PayPal products to work in any culture, any language, and any currency. This team focuses on developing state of the art solutions to enable PayPal's millions of customers to have an intuitive and meaningful experience as they interact in the global economy as merchants or consumers. As part of this awesome team you will be a core part of application development producing results that matter for both internal and external users.
The PayPal World Ready Framework is a suite of libraries, services, compiled metadata, and UI components which are used throughout the developer community to connect applications to economies and cultures across the planet. With the World Ready Framework, you will enable market-specific user experience and business-rule customization, internationalization (i18n), and localization (L10n) for countries, languages, and cultures everywhere PayPal does business.
As a contributor in the World Ready Engineering Team,
- You will work with product leaders using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions
- Working with product leaders, you will design applications and services that are highly available and reliable
- You will engage with team members to define best in class coding guidelines
- Working with PayPal development teams, you will be integral in the adoption of the World Ready frameworks, coding guidelines, and UI practices.
- You will evaluate and contribute to the latest open source software standards, tools and technologies then craft plans and execution for PayPal adoption
Extra points for
- 7 + years experience with software projects professionally
- Understanding of concepts needed to design and develop personalized and modular software and products
- You should have a deep understanding of core software standards
- You should be comfortable with command-line applications, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and programming
- Understanding of design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance
- Understanding of modern data structures and solid understanding of JSON
- You should have experience in agile development concepts
- BS in Computer Science or related degree required. MS preferred
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience in mobile application technologies (Objective-C, Android-Java, Swift)
- Experience with SaaS architectures and REST
- Knowledge of Unicode, ICU, CLDR or ECMA-402 and globalize.js
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.