McGuff Pharmaceuticals, Inc. currently has an opening for a BioPharmaceutical Aseptic Manufacturing Tech to work the 3rd shift (graveyard, 9pm-6am), weekends only part time (Friday night-Sun Morning), within our production facility located in Santa Ana/Costa Mesa, CA. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
Entry level candidates are welcome. Preferred candidates will be familiar with pharmaceutical production, and have one to three years experience in related pharmaceutical/pharmacy activities.
This Manufacturing Technician must be detail-oriented, results-oriented, possess good communication and writing skills, capable of performing assigned production duties and flexible in adapting to changing work priorities.
Essential Functions and Duties shall include:
- Ensure sterile injectable drug products are manufactured in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, current Good Manufacturing Practices and Safety Policies
- Perform equipment changeovers across multiple aseptic fill/finish production lines (Bosch), sanitization (cleanrooms and equipment like autoclaves, tunnels, vial washers, stoppers, boilers, etc.),
- Operation of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment including
- Regular maintenance and janitorial duties of facilities
- Responsible for set-up, adjustments, sanitization, minor maintenance, and operation of all machinery in the sterile filling area
- Experience in using aseptic technique to conduct aseptic filtration and filling of finished product
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) guidelines
- Capable of following standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in performing tasks
- Responsible for supply of components into processing areas
- Compounding of bulk solutions
- Practice Aseptic Technique on a consistent basis to minimize contamination.
- Accurate completion of production documentation and all appropriate log books.
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. may include material stocking and assisting Engineering and the on-sight laboratories in various projects as assigned).
Minimum Qualifications shall include:
- Must be able to work overnight/graveyard/3rd shift 9pm-6am
- 16 hours per week starting off, no exceptions
- Work Friday evening, last shift ending Sunday morning
What Is Expected of you:
- Appropriate professional demeanor.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Work with all McGuff employees to foster and promote quality.
- High regard for Trust, Integrity, Honesty, Ethics, Innovations and Safety in self and others.
- High sense of Responsibility, Ownership, Accountability.
- Capable of Flexibility in work requirements/conditions and willingness to embrace change
- Results driven and a hands on approach to completion of assigned tasks
Why work for McGuff Family Companies, Inc.?
At McGuff Family Companies, Inc., we offer excellent compensation and benefits programs that reflect our goal to be a competitive and supportive employer. McGuff provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K retirement plans. In addition McGuff values its employee’s and their life outside of work too, which is why we offer all employees 11 paid days off per year!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $24.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Sunday (Required)
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible