USSWAP2 - Software Engineer
The Coaching & Development team is looking for a motivated Software Engineer
to help grow the Coaching & Development product
. This product
is a cornerstone of UKG's core Human Capital Management
(HCM) suite of products and is a key product
in the future of performance reviews in helping support holistic performance management
through reviews and continuous feedback.
You will play a key role in the development of new features with a keen eye for detail. You will have the opportunity to work across both web and mobile frontend
interfaces, server-side architecture and data stores.
You will work side by side with other members of the engineering
team (other Software Engineers, Quality Engineers and SREs) and members from UX and Product Management
to build the best-in-class review product
in the market.
On the Coaching & Development team, we’re here to work together to build an amazing product
for our customer. As a team we believe in:
- People over process. We think that processes should make it easier for us to deliver quality products faster together. We strive to understand why processes are in place, and work to change them if they just don't work.
- Ideas over titles. We treat everyone's voice on the team equally regardless of title or seniority. We want everyone to feel comfortable contributing ideas, because we build better products when we consider multiple perspectives.
- Everyone owns all areas of the software development and delivery lifecycle. We don't like to work in silos. We believe that every person on the team owns the quality, security, delivery and stability of our product.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Help lead the development of new customer features
- Mentor other software engineers on the team helping them grow their technical and non-technical knowledge
- Foster the culture of delivering quality software in a timely manner and continuously improve the development process
- Development experience with front-end framework, such as React or Angular
- Experience with Java or Kotlin
- NoSQL database experience such as MongoDB
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience writing automated tests at all levels of testing
- Strong debugging & problem solving skills
- Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent in work experience
- Experience with microservices, and event sourcing architectural patterns
- Experience with Domain Driven Design
Here at UKG, our purpose is people™. Our HR, payroll
, and workforce management
solutions help organizations unlock happier outcomes for all. And our U Krewers, who build those solutions and support our business
, are talented, collaborative, and innovative
problem-solvers. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people – both at work and at home. Our benefits show that we care about the whole you, from adoption and surrogacy assistance to tuition reimbursement and wellness
programs. Our employee resource groups provide a welcoming place to land, learn, and connect with those who share your passions and interests. What are you waiting for?
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.