At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.Your Career
With Cortex, the industry's only open and integrated, AI-based continuous security platform. Cortex is a significant evolution of the Application Framework designed to simplify security operations and considerably improve outcomes. Deployed on a global, scalable public cloud platform, Cortex allows security operations teams to speed the analysis of massive data sets. Cortex is enabled by the Cortex Data Lake, where customers can securely and privately store and analyze large amounts of data that is normalized for advanced AI and machine learning to find threats and orchestrate responses quickly. We’re building the foundations of the next inflection point in the security industry by combining our deep expertise in security with the state of the art in large-scale infrastructure for data processing and machine learning (Think exabytes of data).
We are seeking a Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies within our Application Framework team that bridges cloud-based data processing and security disciplines to solve real world problems. They build large-scale distributed software systems in Node.js, Python and other languages using open source technologies like Google FireStore, MongoDB, Redis etc, and other proprietary technologies.
We need passionate engineers who love to code and build products. Engineers who bring new ideas in all facets of software development. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to tackle problems at every level. Collaboration and teamwork are at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work towards achieving a common goal.Your Impact
- Be an integral member of our Application Service team responsible for software architecture, design and development
- Work with different development and quality assurances groups to achieve the best quality
- Suggest and implement improvements to the development process
- Work with quality assurance and site-reliability engineering groups, finding bottlenecks and resolving them
- Build tools/products to facilitate proper data presentation from multiple heterogeneous sources
- Interview, mentor and coach new team members
- At least 2 years of development experience (Node.js experience preferred)
- Has implemented multiple big features in polyglot codebases and can easily visualize the changes required for most features or bug fixes
- Familiarity with OAuth2, SAML is a plus
- Advanced-level of software development experience with public cloud, especially GCP/GAE deployment, is a big plus
- Learn quickly and be eager to absorb new emerging technologies
- Good grasp of asynchronous programming
- Advanced-level of experience with Kubernetes ecosystems is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.Our Commitment
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.