Bilingual Occupational Health Nurse @ The Compliance Firm - Santa Fe Springs, CA
Bilingual Occupational Health Nurse
Post a job for free in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Position: Occupational Health Nurse
FLSA Status: non-Exempt
Location: Santa Fe Springs, Ca
Department Summary: (CLIENT ) is seeking an innovative, energetic, and passionate team player to add to our dynamic team!
Job Purpose: The OHN oversees and administers all CLIENT services designed to promote, enhance and maintain the physical and mental health and safety of employees. He/She/They will be primarily responsible for all nursing, safety training/compliance, and maintenance of OSHA logs and other records essential to legal/proper protocols.
- Provide and/or facilitate routine or emergency first aid to injured/ill employees
- Provide ongoing employee evaluations, education, counseling, testing, and training in health, safety, and ergonomic issues as appropriate
- Serve as a liaison between employees and upper management in accident/incident prevention, accident investigations, case management, and return-to-work efforts
- Promote a healthy working environment through industrial hygiene, ergonomics, and illness/virus protection programs.
- Work with Safety Manager and Safety Team to enforce regulations as it relates to the IIPP and health driven programs and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of workers compensation claims within the required time frame
- Coordinate and oversee the purchasing of applicable materials and supplies within budgeting parameters
- Maintain all facility health and safety records by ensuring that all documentation is complete and proper secured/stored
- Meet with and provide facility records and accident follow up information to OSHA and other Federal/State authorities as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must be a licensed practicing nurse Occupational Health Nurse (Preferred) or RN
- Must have 3+ years of experience as an OHN or closely related industrial occupation nursing.
- Bilingual English /Spanish preferred
- Must have emergency medical experience that includes CPR /first responder training. Basic understanding of ergonomics and proper working techniques essential
- Knowledge of /experience in several of the following areas preferred: FMLA, OSHA/WC, and ADA.
- Previous experience implementing safety and compliance programs highly preferred
- Must be able to lead, influence, and interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must keep professional licenses updated as required by Federal and State laws
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Chiropractor & Acupuncture covered 100% by employer
- 401k with 4% employer matching
- Unlimited Continuing Education via Relias CE Direct (over 4,000 courses available)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $2k annually (can also be used for certifications and professional training courses)
- Attendance Incentives $250 bonus quarterly ($1k/annually)
- Unlimited Continuing Education via Relias CE Direct
- Weekly pay
- 40 hours sick leave annually
- 2 weeks PTO annually