CDL Class B Driver @ WISMETTAC ASIAN FOODS - Santa Fe Springs, CA
CDL Class B Driver
Post a job for free in Santa Fe Springs, CA
The CDL Driver contributes to the efficient operation of the Branch Office. The driver will deliver Wismettac products to customers. CDL Driver will perform other warehouse related duties, which includes but not limited to loading and unloading trucks when required, picking and loading materials to/from trucks, pallets and other transport vehicles, securing loads and pre and post trip vehicle inspections and collecting payments from customers and forwarding payments to the office department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for driving delivery trucks (with a weight more than or equal to 26,000 pounds) in an efficient and safe manner.
- Deliver the company’s products over established routes or within an established territory.
- Load or unload the merchandise at the customer’s place of business. Be able to load and unload items weighing 50 pounds.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships between the Company and the customer.
- Provide a positive representation of the company by demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices.
- May be required do to interstate driving.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner by applying knowledge and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic, in climate weather, or in tight loading dock areas.
- Perform pre-trip, in-route and post-trip inspections on equipment. Ensure equipment defects are reported immediately.
- Keep tractor interior clean and orderly.
- Promptly report all accidents involving driver or company equipment and any delays due to customers, breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions, or other emergencies, or any irregularities relating to pick up or delivery of freight.
- Submit all paperwork and documents required by Federal D.O.T. and Wismettac in a timely manner.
- Have customers sign receipts for goods and receive payment for the merchandise if there is a cash-on-delivery arrangement.
- Turn in receipts, payments, records of deliveries made, and any reports on mechanical problems with their trucks.
- Preform and follow all Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Section 111 (Code of Federal Regulations 21 CFR Parts 1 and 11) and Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food guidelines set by Logistics Headquarters.
- Assist in loading the trucks and arrange items for ease of delivery.
- Other warehouse duties as assigned.
Experience/ Training/ Education:
The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED and hold a valid driver’s license (Class B for US, Class 3 or D for Canada). Candidate must have the ability to read, write and speak English, 1-2 years of previous driving experience in delivery vehicle preferred. Experience using forklift and electric pallet jack.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
CDL Driver must have a valid commercial driver license; must have knowledge of traffic rules and regulations; must be able to read and write and have the mental capacity to manually complete required paperwork and reports; must have a desire to serve customers and support the warehouse department; must meet the Company’s minimum qualified drivers requirements, as defined by the Human Resources Department; must have the ability to load and unload 50 pounds; must be able to accurately read gauges and dials; must be able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab using footholds and handholds; must be able to spend 80% to 90% of the day sitting and driving; must be able to bend and lift freight when necessary; ability to use E-log books computer/tablet system; ability to follow and adhere to Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Section 111 (Code of Federal Regulations 21 CFR Parts 1 and 11) and Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food guidelines; must be able to accomplish hand, arm, leg and foot motions necessary to driver the tractor and twisting, turning and bending needed to load/unload trailers; Must be able to work required hours; Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- truck driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL (Required)
Trucking freight handling:
- Load/unload by hand
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly