JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, performs the machining of composite (and metal) components and assemblies and the programming of various NC machines.DUTIES INCLUDE:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Develop load and check NC machine programs.
- Perform regular machine shop duties.
- Machine components to within specified tolerances.
- Make all set-ups and operations of complex parts.
- Operate a wide variety of lathe and milling machines to perform duties as assigned.
- Analyze and diagnose machining and tooling problems.
- Expedite and coordinate corrective procedures and prevent excessive downtime and interrupted schedules.
- Other duties as directed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Ability to read and interpret complex blue print and procedures.
- Knowledge of proper use and set-up of NC equipment.
- Ability to detect any malfunctions of tooling, set-ups, or machine equipment.
- Knowledge of proper use of dimensional measuring instruments.
- Knowledge of all applicable had tools and use of same.
- Advance knowledge of math and trigonometry.
- Knowledge of MasterCam software.
- Familiarity with computers and their use related to NC Programming and equipment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills is a must with ability to communicate issues with internal and external customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent or Trade School graduate.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in programming preferred.
- Ability to work safely throughout our manufacturing facilities.
- Lift/move up to 40 lbs. without assistance; or greater than 40 lbs. with assistance from another person or with appropriate lift/move apparatus.
- Sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach, push, and pull as needed for duration of work shift.
- Able to work effectively under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to work full time, at least 8 hours a day and 5 days a week.
- Good vision required (with or without corrective lenses).
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $34.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location