Bartender @ Meat on Ocean - Santa Monica, CA
Post a job for free in Santa Monica, CA
WE ARE OPEN AND HIRING! COME RESTART YOUR CAREER WITH US!
King's Seafood Company, with 21 restaurants in California, Arizona, and Nevada is looking for a select few professional bartenders to join our crew. We require that you have a minimum of 5 years bartending experience in high volume restaurants with a craft/classic cocktail program. You must posses a strong knowledge of classic cocktails, spirits, wine, craft beer, and food. You must be able to produce classic/craft drinks, using jiggers, at a very high pace while still providing excellent, engaging food and wine service to our guests at the bar.
We are looking for seasoned professionals who seek career growth in the restaurant industry and who possess a passion for food and beverage. All crewmembers provide friendly, helpful and knowledgeable guest service that goes above and beyond at all times. Each crew member contributes and excels in a team service environment. All crew members are responsible for understanding the duties of their position and following all company standards and guidelines.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 5 Years’ experience as a restaurant bartender in a similar level of volume with a craft/classic cocktail program.
- High school graduate, some college.
- Current CA Food Handler’s Card.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate verbal and written English with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the bartender steps of service and KSC standards.
- Guest first attitude.
- Optomistic and upbeat personality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete opening duties as assigned.
- Take Guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Input orders into point-of-sale system. Legibly document orders when point of sale system is inoperative and communicate with expeditor.
- Make and serve alcoholic beverage items at bar and serve to Guests and servers.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Open wine/champagne bottles for Guests as well as wine by the glass selections.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to Guests.
- Acknowledge all guests, anticipate Guests’ needs, and respond promptly to guests – however busy.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ensure proper bar-top maintenance throughout the meal and the bar-top is wiped and clean for next Guest.
- Wash and stock all bar glassware throughout shift.
- Present guest checks and process payments adhering to cash handling and credit policies.
- Clean and wipe down bar immediately after Guest departs.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing duties as assigned.
- Complete bartender checkout and all closing reports as assigned, leave duty after reporting to Manager.