Ad Platforms organization within Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology is fully responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the high-performance, distributed, microservice-based Advertising Platform across all of Disney online properties, including Hulu and ESPN+. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
The Ad Intelligence team is under Ad Platforms and its mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of the advertising life cycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-domain team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, big data, microservices to data visualization. Our team is seeking a software engineering manager who will lead an engineering team within ad intelligence. This engineering group focuses on industry-leading ad decisioning solutions, big data infrastructure, operational data, audience solution, inventory forecasting and full funnel measurements as a foundation layer for Disney’s addressable Ad Platforms. The right person for this role should be experienced with big data technologies, high performance services, organization development, and crafting implementation for either service/data products or fullstack solutions. If you are someone who is proactive, hardworking, and enthusiastic in these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead an engineering team in constructing a next-generation, big-data and AI-driven advertising system to advance Disney's addressable advertising platform capabilities
- Continuously evolve team mission, strategy and charter, and develop team structure for changing business needs and technology trend
- Drive adoption of the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated integration testing
- Collaborate with program managers, product managers, SDET, and researchers in an open and innovative environment
- Recruit and mentor team members, and guide their career development
- Communicate status to senior management
WHAT TO BRING
- MS or PhD in computer science, EE or other quantitative subject area.
- 8+ years of professional programming in Scala, Java, Python, and etc.
- 1+ years of people and project management experience
- 4+ years of high-performance, high-scalable service design experience or equivalent bigdata design experience with Spark, Flink, Druid, Single Store, Snowflake, Kafka, Nifi or other AWS bigdata technologies
- Proven track record with cloud infrastructure technologies, at least two of Terraform, K8S, Spinnaker, IAM, ALB, and etc.
- In-depth experience of industry level highly available and scalable service
- Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
- Strong knowledge of system, application design and architecture
- Passion about technologies, and openness to interdisciplinary work
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
The hiring range for this position in California is $164,492 to $241,670 per year and in Washington is $172,282 to $231,110 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.