- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
AWS is seeking talented Software Development Engineers to join a new team in our Los Angeles office!
Do you want to be surrounded by innovation? Would you like to be empowered with a lot of ownership? Would you like to accelerate your growth? Do you thrive in a challenging work environment? Would you like your voice to be heard? Would you be interested in learning about operating a service at a massive scale, while working alongside world-class engineers? If the answer to any of these questions is YES, then this is the team for you!
Our team is looking for a Front-end Dev Engineer with experience on both front end interfaces and back end systems. You will help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience. You’ll collaborate closely with UX designers, and other SDE team members to help define the scope of the product. As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
- Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs
- Track record delivering large customer features and front-end solutions in complex or ambiguous problem areas
- Understands at a high level how front-end code and experiences are delivered to users (e.g., HTTPS, DNS, CDNs, app stores)
- Knowledge of tracking and analytics pixel implementation (Criteo, Rakuten, Adobe, GoogleAnalytics)
- Understands front-end software best practices including client side performance optimization and how to mitigate information security risks.
- Familiarity end-to-end designs for strengths and weaknesses (e.g., complexity, quality, scalability, latency, security, performance, data integrity, etc.)
- Demonstrated UI implementation experience, and with a portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements
- A passion for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient and highly usable user interfaces
- Experience with streaming media and HTML5 multimedia features
- Familiarity with real-time communication mechanisms such as WebSockets and WebRTC.
- Familiar emerging trends in desktop, web, and mobile app development
- Experience with deployments, dev ops, and/or AWS
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us