- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years of professional front-end development.
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
- Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
Do you want to be part of a fun smart team that builds a world-class e-commerce platform spearheading innovative technology based solutions to crack the paradox of choice for hundreds of millions of shoppers all over the world?
At Amazon we are obsessed with reinventing shopping experience on behalf of our customers, introducing them to new programs and products using seamlessly integrated technology behind the scenes. Our mission is to put each customer at center of the universe and deliver an effective personalization experience across all Amazon channels and devices. Today we are solving this world-class problem with the latest technology offerings from AWS big-data and compute platforms, API service fleets capable of 100,000+ TPS, and real-time, low-latency decision making technology that predict the best products, services and benefits that delight each individual customer.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment with many talented team members specializing product development, software / data engineering, program management and business intelligence. You should have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, good communication skills, and a track record of delivering resilient production ready products. This is a job in a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will have a unique opportunity to create and build the products and systems that drive direct, measurable impacts to hundreds of millions of Amazon customers.
- Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of professional front end development.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in React front-end frameworks.
- Experience with building reusable UX components or libraries.
- Strong and proven UX implementation skills.
- Experience with developing scalable, distributed, front-end systems.
- 2+ years of designing web architecture and/or frameworks.
- Experience with both relational and No-SQL database such as DynamoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.