- Experience in manual testing
- 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in automation testing
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Experience testing client software (low level SW, SDK) on various platforms that might include Raspberry Pi, Linux, MacOS, Windows, Android platforms.
- Experience in automating testcases in at least one of object-oriented language and one scripting language (Python, TypeScript, JS).
- Experience testing custom software on various OEMs
Alexa is one of Amazon's most innovative services to date, and has changed the way customers use their voice to interact with technology and the world around them. During the last two years, Alexa has released multiple On-The-Go devices which aim to bring the super-helpful assistant from their home to their headphones, cars and wearables and launched Echo Auto and Echo Buds.
What will you help us create?
Alexa-on-the-go team is responsible for building experiences and services, that would make it easy for customers to access Alexa, when they are on the move.
This is a high visibility program, with far reaching impact across all on-the-go devices, and is also a new QA team. You would be leveraging both manual and automated testing methodologies along with black box and grey box techniques to ensure we’re raising the bar on quality across our products. With the ability to understand software internals and debugging techniques using logs and external tools you would be authoring and executing both manual and automated test strategies.
We need to adhere to strict guidelines for quality, customer experience, performance, and latency. All of these constraints provide unique challenges to the team. We are looking for a self-motivated and highly technical QAE to join our team to help us achieve the mission of consistent and reliable quality coverage across OTG devices and ship high quality feature simultaneously across first party and third party platforms.Responsibilities:
As a pioneering QAE in the team you would be laying the foundation for solid QA best practices, test strategies, optimal manual/automated test execution, and consistent/predictable quality metrics release-over-release. You would be working directly with automation teams, software developers, product managers, UX and CX teams to understand feature demand, requirements, and critical customer use cases resulting in exhaustive test plans and clear coverage. You would be responsible for instilling a strong sense of quality throughout the SDLC proactively offering direction and influence over feature implementation, debuggability, supportability, and longevity of features.
If you are creative, customer focused, have a passion for QA and test automation and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, this team is right for you.
- Experience in testing software development tool kits or API's
- Experience with UI, visual queuing/rendering, UX/CX workflows, web services
- Experience in test automation of web services and Mobile Apps
- Experience with Voice UI (VUI) would be a big plus
- Experience working with third parties and software development
customers to understand business requirements
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in leading testing on a product
- Ability to triage issues down to root cause
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly leading leading toward a path of practical solutions
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us