Beautycounter is the leader in clean skin care, makeup, and personal care, with a mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We go above and beyond clean to set the highest bar in beauty through our safety standards—including ingredient transparency, sustainable packaging, and responsible sourcing. Launched in 2013 as a direct-to-consumer retail beauty brand and Certified B Corporation, we develop and distribute approximately 100 products across our collections in skin care, makeup, men's, and personal care in the U.S. and Canada.
Beautycounter and global investment firm The Carlyle Group have announced that Carlyle has acquired a majority stake in Beautycounter. The partnership will allow Beautycounter to accelerate its strategic initiatives, including increasing brand awareness as well as bolstering the company's innovative, integrated, omni-channel business model. The transaction values the company at $1 billion.
We are looking for a great Sr. Software Engineer, Full Stack who can help build out Beautycounter's platform. From ordering to customer accounts to product catalogs and pricing, you'll work across the sets of services and functionality we provide to customers.
The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate with our top-notch engineering team & product managers, and build great services and features for our customers, and then work with our highly-skilled engineers in both code reviews and architecture discussions to help drive forward a cohesive code base.In this role you will:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Develop new backend functionality & components
- Help migrate our functionality and services to GCP
- Help maintain a cohesive, well-engineered code base
- Integrate with a team of engineers and participate in a collaborative, code review environment
- Drive engineering efficiency improvements through build tooling, CI/CD pipeline improvements, architectural improvement, tech debt paydown, etc
- 5+ years experience building Full-Stack features (bonus points for ecommerce, order management or direct sales experience)
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- 3+ years experience with React or any modern FE Framework
- Experience with a FE state management library like MobX (Nice to have GraphQL)
- Experience with RESTful APIs and concepts, interested in Serverless architectures / frameworks and microservices
- Interested in solving problems at scale
- Great cloud experience in Google or AWS (bonus points for FAAS: Google Cloud Functions, Firebase, or AWS Lambda)
- Able to build highly customized build pipelines in JS
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Travis, Cloud build, and deploying code to production
- Experience with JS unit and integration testing frameworks
- Operations experience an asset (capacity planning, incident response, security scanning, etc)
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations