Surgical Technician II @ Providence Health & Services - Santa Monica, CA
Surgical Technician II
Post a job for free in Santa Monica, CA
Providence is calling a Surgical Technician II for Full time, Day Shift to Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus Eligible to all External Candidates!
We are seeking a Surgical Technician II who will ensure the functionality, availability and sterility of OR supplies and equipment prior to the start of the daily caseload. Scrub and handle instruments during surgical procedures. Adhere to standards of aseptic technique in all phases of surgical intervention. Demonstrate competence in performing scrub services for a variety of surgical procedures. Assist designated Service-line Coordinator in receiving and stocking supplies/equipment for a cluster of specialties. Report variations in stock inventory level(s) to designated Service-line Coordinator. Communicate opportunities for systems improvement to designated Service-line Coordinator. Participate in selected patient care activities such as room turnover and transporting as needed. Participate in meeting the department's budgetary objectives. Supporting the philosophy, objectives and goals of hospital administration and its representatives.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate competency in selected clinical skills including but not limited to surgical procedures, equipment use and set up, aseptic technique and sterilization standards
- Communicate pertinent information to the Director, Manager, Clinical Supervisor, Service-line Coordinator and/or other clinical and non-clinical staff in a timely manner so that problem resolution may take place without delay
- Participate in the on-call rotation (as eligible) to provide coverage for after hours and weekend surgical cases
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own professional practice in regard to:
- Attendance, punctuality and patient confidentiality
- Positive public relation image and working relationships
- Obtain necessary knowledge and skill needed to maintain competence and certifications
- Complete all mandatory requirements, including annual safety programs and annual physical
- Participate in the development and attainment of team, department and hospital goals including:
- Attend and participate in division meetings
- Volunteer or accept assignments for projects
- Mission, vision and team ground rules
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of approved Surgical Technician course
- 5 years experience as Scrub Technician
- Level of skill is measured and evaluated by performance within five clusters: EENT/Plastic/Maxillo-facial, Cardiac/Vascular/Thoracic, General/Gyn/Urology, Ortho and Spine/Neuro
- Level II proficiency includes; Able to scrub most procedures within the cluster without supervision. Has working knowledge of equipment and instrumentation
- Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad range of cultural backgrounds and ages
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Proficient in P.C. software applications including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate work
- Ability to work effectively with many people at various levels of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal and external customers, including, but not limited to, patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and visitors
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance to hospital policy
- Basic computer and telephone skills
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA)
- The CSFA certification is recognized however staff are not hired to function in this capacity and is outside of the scope of their practice as a ST
About the hospital you will serve. Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John’s Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines. The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Techs
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 260250