Genvid is delivering a brand new form of entertainment combining the best of traditional storytelling with the immersion and interaction of video games. We call this category Massively Interactive Live Events (MILEs).
Imagine you and a global community of other fans can influence the storyline of your favorite brands, characters and worlds? And it becomes official canon? Another unique aspect of MILEs is fans can choose whether to sit back and enjoy watching dramatic events unfold or lean-in and be critically participatory. And all of this happens live and with millions of other fans. Current projects include Pac-Man Community on Facebook and the upcoming The Walking Dead: Last Mile.
Genvid Entertainment is also developing a global, scalable direct-to-consumer platform to publish MILEs via multiple platforms - from web browsers, mobile app stores to game consoles and connected TVs. This will allow us to publish globally and meet consumers on any device, wherever they might be.
Our rapidly growing team is composed of leaders from entertainment, video games, and technology with offices around the world. Genvid is extremely diverse, forward thinking, creative, and collaborative. We solve thorny problems quickly, reinvent the rules when necessary, and take pride in blazing new trails. We operate in 4 states CA, NY, WA and TX.
Genvid has big ambitions, bold vision, and groundbreaking technology coupled with strong financial backing and partnerships with some of the most beloved franchises in the world. Are you ready to shape the future of entertainment? Join in.
The Senior UX designer will be pivotal in shaping the framework of the Genvid user experience, especially how it is considered for innovative MILE projects, both internal and external facing. This position will enhance UI/Visual designers in creating and implementing UX best practices to complete the design lifecycle. Responsibilities:
Reporting to the UX and Design Team Lead, in this role the ideal candidate’s tasks and duties include but are not limited to:
Experience & Education
- Lead projects and contribute to design lifecycle with UX artifacts and iterate throughout the process
- Conduct user research, personas to best emotionally connect and motivate users with our product
- Create user flows, sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes of varying fidelity
- Determine proper testing methods for specific tasks, conduct user testing, analyze feedback and activity, and use this data to iterate and enhance the user experience
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to executives, developers, and stakeholders
- Make evidence-based arguments for challenges and solutions and inform success metrics
- Establish experiential quality metrics and interaction consistency across systems
- Take a strategic role in driving UX design and collaborate across teams to produce results including identifying company needs and suggesting design strategies
- Assist content development. Ensure intuitive, clear content and copy.
- Participate in design reviews and lead requirements gathering sessions
- Assist with in-game tutorials and best flow for projects
- Work closely with development to ensure the final product stays true to the vision
- Create a central user guide with best practices (design, copy, sdk, desktop, mobile, etc.)
- Conduct competitor analysis to gain strategic insights into our features, functions, flows
- Combine qualitative and quantitative methods to develop hypotheses about our customers’ motivations and enhance the experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 6+ years UX industry experience, preferably in games, entertainment, or live stream industry
- Experience facilitating user research, gathering requirements
- Experience in information architecture, interaction design, and prototyping
- Experience conducting user testing directly with end-users. Knowledge when to deploy different research methods (interviews, surveys, usability tests, etc.)
- Portfolio demonstrating depth in UX design including design process, thinking, and research
- Expert in Adobe XD or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Strong understanding of UX design principles, Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Design Systems
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills (verbal and written)
- Solid understanding of UX for mobile, user-centered design principles, and best practices
- Able to connect user needs to business goals
- Ability to present concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders
- Has strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and independent self-direction
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and user experience
- Comfortable planning and estimating UX effort for projects
- Passion and aptitude for our innovative product
- Strong work ethic, reliable, adaptable, and work well with others
8+ years UX industry experience
Bachelor's Degree in Design, Information Architecture or equivalent industry/portfolio experience
Passion and familiarity with games and live streams industry