- Available online portfolio.
- Coding samples in the web tech stack (JS, HTML, CSS).
- 2+ years of professional experience building customer-facing experiences across multiple devices, webviews, and browsers.
- Experience using React or a comparable JS framework like Vue, Ember or Meteor to build responsive/adaptive, component-based UI.
- Experience using JS libraries like ThreeJS and GreenSock to create and animate graphics within a 2D and 3D UI.
- Experience using JS APIs to retrieve and parse XML/JSON data from a server.
- Understanding of client-side performance and how to mitigate latency issues.
- Ability to participate in the full campaign execution lifecycle - including development, backwards compatibility testing, fallback states, validation, and deployment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our portfolio ranges from sponsored, display, video, and custom ads to insights and reporting. With tailored solutions for all businesses, we offer flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic to help optimize strategies.
Web Development Engineers implement user experiences for website applications. The software they build is also expected to be secure, accessible, maintainable, scalable, performant, and operationally excellent. Web Development Engineers in our team focus on the execution of branded custom advertising experiences across Amazon’s platforms. Paired with Creative, Design Technology, Product and Engineering, the team works together to solve customer challenges and identify opportunities to grow our business.
You are customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, comfortable working on highly technical teams and are skilled in using data to make decisions. You are an advocate for the never-ending process of improving team standards, writing documentation and are able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. You participate in regular stand-ups and 1:1s with your engineering team, proactively identify areas where more information is needed to execute and surface those concerns immediately with your team and manager. You support the operation of your engineering team by quickly resolving emergent technical issues, documenting new processes, participating in code reviews and contributing to shared code libraries.
- Experience in advertising.
- Experience communicating requirements and technical designs with users, other technical teams and management.
- Experience influencing software engineering approaches and culture within your team.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Desire to learn new technologies and systems.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to convert ambiguous requirements to structured solutions and actions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.